Sunday, May 4, 2008

What I LOVE about Sundays...

In no particular order, these are the things I look forward to most on Sundays!

A scrumptiously, delicious, good ol' fashioned 'Sunday Dinner', prepared by none other than my mom. Roast, mashed potatoes, rolls, and salad are the norm. Every Fast Sunday we get together with my family for dinner and enjoy this fabulous meal. Thanks MOM!!

'Adult conversation'
Our visiting time after we've completed our meal and waiting for dessert. These discussions at the Miller home quite often get deep and can be very heated!

Kids playing
Not so much listening to the kids yell and scream, but knowing they are playing with their cousins and having fun. (grandpa had put a movie on to try and get them to settle down a bit. Ya right!)
Walks!
We actually do this almost daily (not to my parents house), when we don't have anything else to do and especially right now while the weather is so nice. My parents live only about a mile away, so it's a good walk and ride for Noah. It helps release some energy!


Reading the Weddings in the paper.

No, I don't know these people (some of you might) but I thought they looked happy! We always look to first, see if we know anyone, second there are some funny looking people in there. You all know it's true!!
Brothers & Sisters



This is my all-time favorite show right now. They are so funny, and just portray the everyday family and family situations so well I think.

Taking a nap

I swear there's nothing better than a Sunday nap. They're just different. So much more relaxing.

Some of my other favorites are clipping coupons, and of course I love going to church and feeling the spirit there. Let's face it though, I teach in the nursery, there's not much spirit to be felt there. Especially with my own 20 month old child. Come on, you all know what I'm talking about. Even if you're not in Nursery, Sacrament is the very same. It's so hard to really listen to the speakers when you've got 2 little boys needing to constantly be entertained, fed, held, whatever it is to keep them quiet. And that's usually not possible either.
I just wanted to share the things I love most about today, Sunday's. Hopefully this will remind you of some of the things you love. Please share!




11 comments:

stefanie said...

Cute post Tiff! I love Sunday's too, but they just aren't the same without all of the family. Can't wait to see you guys in 20 days!!!!!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

I can't wait to get back to St.George and have Sunday dinner with all of you again I really miss that.

The Millers said...

Sunday dinner really is the best! I agree, food and adult conversation, it doesn't get much better! And I totally agree with the sacrament meeting thing, it's so hard.

susiefarns said...

I just had to agree with you about nursery. I am in the nursery too, and it is definately hard to feel the spirit most days, although it is so sweet when these tiny kids say the prayer.

WESTWOOD'S said...

That was such a cute post. And I totally agree with all of those things. I don't know the last time I listened in sacrament. I try to catch bits and pieces, but it is practically impossible.

Kristen said...

Amen to the whole sacrament thing. Unfortuantly it doesn't get much better as they get older. They still need to be entertained. (usually they do it themselves by poking each other back and forth until one of them cries!) What Spirit!?!?!?!?!?!

Sherie said...

Thanks for helping me to think about the things I love most about Sundays...most of mine are the same..the yummy dinner(although I'm the one preparing it now)I LOVE a nap when I don't have meetings, and the wedding announcements, love them! And the AD's...I love to look through all the AD's and see what's on sale during the week. Oh...and sacrament mtg? I still have to entertain Kent, and every week we sit behind the Bishops family who has a darling little boy Cutlers age, and he and Kent "play" all through sacrament mtg...so that part never changes! (does everybody have a designated bench? cause the same people sit in the same places every week! Including us!)

the johansen's said...

Sunday naps are definately a must for me!! There is nothing better than a lazy sunday afternoon!!!

Christy said...

NAP!!! It's honestly an out of body experience. Only Sunday though. I love a little afternoon delight. SORRY!!! Just being honest. Sundays are honestly a day I look forward to all week. Great idea for a post. Oh, Yeah, nursery is definitely not "relaxing." However, I love the no shoes and treats.

Morgan said...

Great post! I love Sundays too, minus the dinner. Sunday's usually our leftover day because it is just the 4 of us!! :) Everything else though is dead on for us also.

ShEiLa said...

I really missed out. I skipped a couple days and you have some GREAT posts on here. I especially love this SUNDAY post, that is what I like about Sunday's too.
toodles, Sheila