Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What does it mean?

Last week Dave (Colby's buddy, ok boss) had a dinner at his house for all the managers and their wives. While we were there we had some great conversations, laughs, and food. Oh my, the food! After dinner it started to get a little chilly so we went inside to finish chatting. A while into it Dave starts giving us, the wives, a lecture basically on how we need to be supportive when he wants to take our husbands out to dinner and reward them for their hard work. Well, in the past, this has sort of been a sore subject for Colby and I. I just don't understand why after Dave works with them all day, and sometimes after a Thursday when they have meetings for 2 or 3 hours he still needs to take them to dinner. Colby and I have concluded that it's mostly because he needs friends. (Not really, but that's the only thing we can come up with) So I'm pretty sure this whole lecture was pointed directly to me. At one point I actually almost asked him if it was. So he proceeded to tell us that he understands how we don't really get a break, you know, we take care of the kids and house and stuff. That's when I got daring. I opened my big mouth, and now I'm actually embarrassed about it. Here ya go:

me: Ya, well I thought I was going to get a break next weekend.
Doug (the other boss): What's next weekend?
me: Oh I don't know, Orlando!! (it's the J.J. convention this weekend-remember, g.m. of the year?)
Dave: Oh, you don't want to go there. It's work. It's not even fun. It's meetings all day for 2 days.
me: I could care less what you guys did there. I have a friend I can go visit. Shoot, I could lay by the pool the entire time and not even care. You know, the other day we got online to see how much a ticket would be for me to go out there. But then I got thinking about it, and I really don't know if I can leave my boys for 4 days!

Then we started talking about leaving kids, and blah blah blah...
Anyhow, a little while later Dave pulled Colby out of the room. I asked Colb why later but he said he couldn't tell me until the next day.

So the next morning Colby calls me from work to tell me that they're looking at getting me a ticket to fly out to Florida. I was totally embarrassed. I still am. But he said that's why Dave pulled him out of the room. Now they all call B.S. on me because I said I couldn't leave my boys. But since they're paying for me then it's ok. They're totally fine with it, but seriously I feel dumb. Oh well, I get to go to Orlando! So... What does this mean?????!!!!!

5 comments:

stefanie said...

This means, ORLANDO BABY...here you come!!! Way to call them out, you should be proud! ;)

The Millers said...

It will be so nice for you to get away for a little bit! Hopefully Colby will get G.M. of the year and you can be there to help him celebrate!

ShEiLa said...

Awesome Tiffany! Yes, you may be a little embarrassed, but it's Orlando... you will have so much fun. Way to jump in and comment at dinner. Enjoy the TRIP!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

Have fun. Wish I was going to Orlando. Good luck Colby I hope you win.

Kaymee said...

Yay!!! Have a fun trip!! and your boys will be fine, believe me!! so, Enjoy yourself!!!!