Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sick & Tired...

Literally!!! Ever since we got home from Florida we've been dealing with sickness and I'm so tired of it. It went through all of us once, and is back to me, again. I've had this cough that honestly has made me feel like all I do is 500 sit ups every 2 hours. My stomach should have a nice set of abs about now, but no. And my throat feels like it's on fire. I am so not a dr. person. I really hate going because I just don't want them thinking I'm some kind of hypocondriac (sp?) who goes in for every little thing. But today I finally gave in. I've decided that if I'm going to have to stay home and take care of my children, I have to get better. All they tell me is I have some measly ear infection!! The whole right side of my neck is swollen from the drainage, and I feel like it's drained every last ounce of energy right out of me. So, now I feel like a big wimp because all it is is an ear infection and I feel like crap. How do kids get ear infections all the time and still want to run around and play like nothings bothering them? Not even the green snot sliding down their face? Gross, I know. I just have to vent.

7 comments:

susiefarns said...

You're hillarious. I hope you get feeling better. Having an ear infection as an adult is way worse then it is when you're a kid.

The Millers said...

I hope you get feeling better soon! Being the mom and sick is the pitts. You still have to take care of everybody! Let me know if I can take your kids or something.

Jenny said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sammy and I have been sick too, but are finally feeling better after three weeks of battling colds and coughs.

Morgan said...

Darn! Feel better soon! Ear infections really suck, don't feel like a wuss. I think they are the worst.

Maren & Danny said...

Sounds like a lot of crap is going around lately! That is the worst though when it just keeps cycling thru your family. Hope you are feeling better soon...

ShEiLa said...

Are you all better? I hope so. I know as Mother's we would rather be sick ourselves than have our kids sick...but they do handle it a whole lot better.
toodles, Sheila

Elisa said...

Oh that is so lame! Once it starts, it's like it can't stop, everyone in the fam has to get it! I hate going to the doc too, I always avoid it til it gets really bad.