Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Father's & Sons

This past weekend was Father's and Sons for our ward. So about a week and a half ago, Colby comes home and tells me he's taking the boys camping. Then proceeds to tell me it's F&S. I asked him if he's really planning on taking both of the boys and he says "Yes, it's f&s, you can't just take one son." So I tell him good luck. Well, he did it. I don't really know how, but he did. They left Friday after work and took the 4-wheelers up to Enterprise to join the rest of the men. He camped next to the Foggins, who he does scouts with, and said the boys had a great time. I was mostly worried about bedtime. Cutler is just such a routine kind of kid. So I worried when he didn't have his bath and rocked and stories and all that normal stuff. This is what Colby said happened:
  • First of all, the boys played so hard they were beat when it got night time.
  • While they were sitting around the fire that night, Cutler kept falling over and off his chair because he was so tired.
  • Colby got Cutler in his pj's first, then Foggin held him while he helped Noah.
  • Colby had to take back the flashlight he borrowed (yes, he or I forgot to pack one). When he got back to the tent, Cutler was just laying on the sleeping bag. So Colb put him inside with him, and he was out in 2 minutes.
  • Even Noah quietly asked "Dad, is Cutler already asleep?"
  • In the morning they cooked breakfast for them and then pretty much everyone took off.
  • Colby and the boys rode the wheelers for a few hours.
  • They found the pipes you see in the picture, and Colby said they could have played there for hours. Of course, they're boys!!
  • They all had sunburns, but that was the worst injury. (Surprise, surprise!)

The boys (all of them) had a great time, and I'm sure it will continue to be an annual thing. Hopefully! Even Cutler will tell you he had fun camping.

I got to spend the evening and Saturday doing only what I wanted to do. It was very nice. Friday night I got dinner for my parents and went shopping for my sister's baby with my mom. I went home at about 10:30 but couldn't go to sleep. Finally, at 3:00 a.m. I dozed. I was up at 6:30 off and on until about 8:00. I finally got up and got ready to go to the What Women Want Expo with Sherie & Mel. It was a good ME day! But I missed my boys!!

Glad they had fun.

Glad they were safe.

Glad they're home!!

8 comments:

Morgan said...

HAHA How fun that he took both boys!

Corky dreams of the days when he can go to F&S campouts and not have to be "adopted" as a son in order to go!

stefanie said...

I love it, sounds like it was a good weekend all around!

Sherie said...

We have Mothers and Daughters everyweekend....whats the big deal?
....just kidding, Fun for them to spend time making memories with thier Dad. Good for you Colby for braving the elements overnight with a 20 month old!
xoxo

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

I'm glad that all of you had fun! Every mom needs "me" time! I love it when dads love there kids and want to spend time with them. I don't think there is anything better than watching a father bond with his kids. There is just something about it!

Christan said...

Wow! I'm impressed that he took them both! What a great dad!

The Millers said...

Sounds like fun! Way to go Colby for taking both boys! Ours is coming up and I can't wait!(Even though I'll still have Blake.)

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

Looks like so much fun. Colby I give you so much credit for taking both the boys they look like they had a blast.

Jessica said...

Sweet! Our fathers & sons is this weekend. Scott is not much of a camper at all but wants to take Easton. I just hope they come home alive and in one piece. :)