Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Marjorie Pay Hinckley


I found this quote by this amazing woman and fell in love with it. It helps me realize what is really important and makes me hope I can become just like the person she describes.


"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." -Marjorie Hinckley

11 comments:

stefanie said...

I love that! I love that picture of her!

the johansen's said...

I love it! I hope all is well for you guys! We miss you!

Sherie said...

What a role model Marjorie Hinckley is....Is she the most darling Gramma ever or what?...What great words to live by. Thanks for the reminder!
XOXO

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Oh I love that! Thanks for the reminder Tiff on what really is most important in life. I definately want to be one of those people too!

Kaymee said...

THat is awesome!!! I love that woman!! Thanks Tiff!

The McGraths said...

That is so true! I think I am a lot more vain than I thought I was. One of many things I am working on but I love to be just like that.

Jessica said...

That really is great. Thanks for sharing Tiff!

Gretchen said...

I LOVE that quote! What a great quote to live by! I am so glad you had that posted! Do you think that having a messy house is okay too!!

The Millers said...

I'm with everyone else. I love that quote. I've never heard it before. Thanks!

Maren & Danny said...

That is an awesome quote-thanks for sharing! And yes Gretchen-a messy house is okay too! Especially when you have a new baby! :0)

Morgan said...

I have kept this quote in my inbox for 2 years now. I love it! It helps me stay somewhat grounded! :) I want to be just like her someday.