Friday, February 8, 2008

Yay for Spring Cleaning!

Well, thanks to Mel for reminding me that we still have 6 whole weeks of this miserable cold winter left, I've decided to get some cleaning done. I know it's not spring yet, but when it is, I will be able to say my cleaning is done. I'm tired of being cooped up in my house, the boys are going stir crazy and honestly, I don't think I've ever spring cleaned my home since I've lived in it. Gross, I know. (hopefully my mom isn't reading this. Thankfully my grandma isn't!) Growing up this is something we did every saturday. Chores, and I hated every minute of it. Needless to say, I don't clean nearly as much as I should now. I know how, and I think the biggest problem is once I get started on it, I like to detail it, therefore it doesn't get done very often. So on Thursday I decided since I had the motivation, there couldn't or wouldn't be a better time to get started. I pulled out the furniture, wiped the base boards, walls, blinds, I even wiped down the beds(crib, headboard...) plus the regular cleaning. I was having flash backs of cleaning Kent & Sherie's house when they bought their new home. In 5 1/2 hours I got the two boys' bedrooms and the laundry room done. Today was much harder because I didn't have Noah to entertain Cutler, so I only got my bedroom done. I love walking through the (garage) door and smelling clean! And it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Something I haven't felt in a really really long time.

6 comments:

The Millers said...

Way to go Tiffany! I'm with you I hate to do it, but when it's done it feels totally worth it. Shan hates when I spring clean, because it always seems to get worse before it gets better, because I drag everything out. Good luck with the rest of the house!

Sherie said...

Hey...we must all be getting that spring cleaning feeling...I actually mopped all my floors yesterday! Yipee! Seriously, your house is always clean!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

K I am so jealous you have already started. I have been looking at my house the past few weeks and keep thinking that I need to get in gear but nope.... it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully your post will give me some much needed motivation!

Jenny said...

You are awesome. I am putting it off since we are moving in just a few months, I'll do it so we pass our move out check and get our deposit back. Apartment life is the pits at times.

Jessica said...

So when can you come to my house??? :0)

Morgan said...

Please come clean mine too! This past week has been chaotic and my house is paying for it. It is seriously messier than it has EVER EVER EVER been. Everything is, even the hallway....pathetic.