Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I've been tagged!

Sorry these are long. I HAD to explain myself.

1- I love clean sheets. The feel of them, the smell of them, everything about them. It is the one thing I look forward to every Monday when I change all the bedding in the house. I love getting into bed the night after they've been changed, tugging on them to loosen them up, and pulling them up around my face. Plus, Colby loves it too!

2- So call me a nerd but I love mind games. You know, like Sudoku, word problems, Solitaire-med. level on the computer:) I know I'm weird, I got it from my grandma Miller. She was always playing solitaire with actual cards or doing a crossword puzzle. (I don't like those) It just relaxes me and they say it keeps your mind young. The last thing I need is to get alzheimers, I'm already forgetful enough. But there's something about sitting on the couch and engulfing myself into some sort of puzzle I just have to figure out. Plus it puts me into my own world for a little while - you know, a break from everyone else.

3- I love the mountains. Or should I say deer hunting? Or should I just say the outdoors? Being in the mountains is one of the things I remember most about my childhood. We pretty much grew up in the 'hills' as we called it. My dad had built his own carpet kit in the back of the truck so that all of us kids could ride back there. I remember sitting back there and watching for deer playing tricks on each other, saying "There's a deer, a dear old tree" then we'd laugh like it was the funniest thing ever said. There's something about the outdoors that makes everyone get along and just have a good time. I love the smell of the trees, and grass, and dirt I guess.

4- I LOVE TREATS!! There, I admitted it. On any given day, at any given time, I would much rather be eating some sort of treat than something healthy. I grew up having treats all the time(weird I know because of my dad, but that's why we had treats)and I haven't changed. Almost daily I either make something or buy something so that we can 'snack' on it while we watch our shows at night. That's my excuse. Even when we go somewhere in the car I make Colby stop at the gas station so I can get a drink and a 'snack'. I think it drives him crazy, oh well. The funny thing is I don't let my boys eat much junk at all, I don't want them to turn out like me I guess.

5- I love the holidays. Not just Christmas, all holidays. I think mostly because it means getting together with all of our family and eating(see #4). I love feeling the seasons change. I love when it starts getting warm because I'm so sick of the cold, and I love when it starts cooling down because I'm tired of the scorching sun. I love shopping at Christmas time, and seeing all the other shoppers cheerful and giddy about the season. Christmas is my favorite, but right up there with it is the 24th of July. Funny, opposite times of the year, but it's the traditions. Like I said, family and food.

6- Don't think I'm being cheesy because I really do love this the very very most...being a mom. I was kind of thrown into motherhood before I even married Colby. Because of that I wanted to wait a few years to have children of my own. Don't get me wrong, I love Noah with 1/3 of my heart (1/3 to Cutler, 1/3 to Colby). Ok, so that's not really true. If I could have three hearts, each boy would get their own. I love them so much. But after finally having my very own child, motherhood is a whole new story, it's a whole new life, there's a whole new meaning to it. I honestly, honestly never in a million years thought that you could love someone SSOOOO much. Even Colby gets jealous. There is nothing in the world that I wouldn't do for my boys, and that's all I'll say. I just don't know what words to use to describe how I feel about being a mother.

Now I tag Jennifer, Christan, Jessica, Alli Meiners, Cindi, and Kaymee. List 6 things about yourself and then tag 6 people. Have Fun!!

6 comments:

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Ha ha! I just came to leave you a comment that I tagged you and you had already tagged me! I guess we're both done!

Sherie said...

Wow, you learn something new about someone every day...You and Kent and Solitare...go figure!
And heck ya, about the "treats" ..I'm lucky to have any Halloween candy left! hee hee hee hee...
Sher

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Hey Tiff I just tried that site and I got the same thing. I don't know what happened to it. I might have it in my e-mail so I'll check and if I do I will for sure e-mail it to you! I hope it comes back. If not I'll be ticked.

Tiffany said...

You are too cute Tiff! I love the Holidays too! My fav!

The Millers said...

I'm with you on the clean sheets. Shan and I both love them. And I'm totally into the mind games too.

Jenny said...

I am with you on the treats, I love'm and can't get enough.