Sunday, March 1, 2009

She's 2 months already...

and I so can't believe it! Here is what's going on now...

*last week you were sick and we had to visit the dr., you weigh 9 lb. 5 oz. you had this horrible cough where you would cough for so long and so hard it would completely wear you out. You would usually throw up after so long, and sometimes choke on whatever was coming up. We got a pass to go to the bronchiolitis clinic at the hospital where they suctioned your nose. I didn't really see the benefit of it, but they say it works. We took you 4 times and they never really got very much so I quit taking you. 2 days later you were fine.

*I think you are going to be blessed to have your dad's skin color. Your face is darker than the rest of your body, but if it stays that way, you'll love it. Oh, and I think you're going to have dark blue eyes.

*you still have your birthmark on your forehead. It is getting lighter, but it's still there. And it gets dark when you cry hard. I don't care what anyone says, I think it's adorable. You'll hate it if it stays, but I secretly hope it never goes totally away.

*you pretty much sleep through the night waking up only once to eat and it's usually around 5:00 a.m. (you go to sleep between 8:00 & 9:00)

*I don't have a picture of it, but Cutler loves to 'hold you' as he puts it. But really, he loves to carry you. Twice now we've walked in on him 'holding' you. Once he got you out of the vibrating chair and was just standing there. The other time he got you off my bed and carried you around it over to the chair he watches movies in. Both times he scared me to death but I was afraid to react, for fear that he might drop you because he thought he would be in trouble. So I calmly tell him to "Hold her tight" until I can get to you and save you. We try really hard to never leave you alone in a room where he can pick you up.

*Your nicknames so far are... little girl, missy, little miss, sis, sister, and my favorite lulu (or just lu). And Cutler calls you Letsie.

*THIS is how you fall asleep at night...

and you both love it!

*the day you turned 6 weeks old (Feb. 7) you started doing THIS...

*you still do a lot of THIS...

*at least once a day we see THIS...

*and we love seeing THIS...

THIS is our 2 month old. She is pretty chill. I keep saying the Lord knew I needed a calm child, and so he sent her. I'm pretty sure she's very well aware of the craziness around her all day every day, therefore she just hangs out. Seriously the only time she really cries is when she's hungry, really tired, or just wants to be held. I can handle that.

Lexie, you are such a blessing to our family. Your brothers can't get enough of you, your dad absolutely adores you, and I, well I love having this beautiful little girl to take care of. Please stop growing. Or at least slow down.

12 comments:

Lindsey R said...

Oh I love this post! I can't believe she is 2 months...time flies!! She is adorable!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

I love the birthmark/pressure mark. Both of my kids had them and they both still kinda do. Carson is 4 and his still comes back when he cries. My mom said I had one until I was 4 but there is no sign of it now. Not even when I cry. She's adorable Tiff! My little Hannah was a total angel as a baby (until now. she will be 2 in a month. can you say terrible twos!) But she is nothing compared to what we went through with Carson. So hopefully she'll always be a sweetie for ya!

stefanie said...

Yay!!!! Pictures! I've been dying to see her and how much she has grown! She's too cute, I love her cute little smile! She is looking more and more like Colb to me! Yay for chill babies! I just want to hold her...

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

We love lexie. I wish Addi would let me hold her more. I love her little attitude, to is the cutest thing. And getting way to big.

Jenny said...

What a cutie. Time flies doesn't it!!

Kiesha said...

Tiff, she is so cute! I can't believe she is 2 months. That is so crazy! I bet your just loving her!

Our Family said...

She is so cute, I see a lot of Culter in her. Little girls are fun, love the headbands!!!!!

Elisa said...

She sleeps almost all night??!! How did you train her? That's awesome!

Tiffany said...

What a good baby!!!! She is so dang sweet and cute! I can't believe how fast it's going!!!!

.mel. said...

Miss Lexie... so cute! I can't believe she is 2 months! It's been too long since I've seen her! Whats up with that?! Maybe this weekend? I'll be up there tomorrow!! YAY!

Sherie said...

Oh what a TINY bundle of love...I love that she is still my little biddy one...Such a DOLL!

Kaymee said...

SHe's so stinkin cute! I love all her litte outfits she's wearing in the pics :)