Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Colby & Natalie...

9 years ago

Because of the time of night, and everything going through my head right now, I'm pretty much at a loss for great words(like I really ever have anything great to say). So I'll tell my story about this day.

On this day, 9 years ago, my roommate and I were working for Labrum Ins. (colby's dad). We got an invitation to the reception, and because Doug was our boss, felt like we should go. We bought a gift, and went on our way. Having lived in St. George almost my whole life you'd think I should know where every golf course was. Well, we left the invitation home because I thought I knew right where we were going. The reception was at Green Spring G.C., and I was thinking in my mind where the old Twin Lakes course was, that that was Green Spring. Anyway, obviously we didn't go to the right place, and we weren't about to trapse all over town trying to find it. Needless to say, we never made it to the reception that night. That next Monday I took our gift to work and told Doug we just couldn't make it, and asked him to give our gift to them. Funny story.
After Colby and I were married, one night we were watching their wedding video. It was fun seeing lots of people that we both know. I told him that story and said, "wouldn't it be sort of funny/weird now if I would have made it there and I was in this video?"

I know things happen for a reason. And I'm thankful for the things that have happened in Colby's life because of this day...9 years ago.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

What a story! Can you imagine if you were in the wedding video like Colby said. That would be pretty funny and weird!

.mel. said...

Crazy how things happen.... But that's how we've gotten around to today!
Hope your dad's doing okay.

Lindsey R said...

Wow, life is interesting, the way things happen for a reason...like you said.

Tiffany said...

I love stories like that! I just love your stories because it just reassures me that we are not the only ones in charge!!!!

Caridaun said...

You amaze me everytime I read one of your stories. Things do happen for a reason. You are wonderful darlin!