Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our 24th of July

Once again Colby had to work, but I wasn't about to let that stop me from my yearly tradition of going to Beaver. We got there early enough to see the parade. Cutler was so funny, he sat on my lap for about the first 20 minutes of it, not quite sure what to think. Until Noah started coming over to me with his candy from all the floats. Once he realized it was a good thing, I couldn't keep him close to me.

There were a bunch of 'bigger' kids right by us, so the boys had to run super fast and weren't so lucky most of the time.

Cutler had walked up the street a little ways and found some unwrapped candy. It was good enough for him.

Just trying to get a picture of both of them. Funny, I know.

After the parade we ventured over to the park for the races. Both the boys did so good. In Cutler's age group they had to do two groups because there were so many kids. I didn't know how he would do, but he ran so fast and I wish so bad I would have had it on video because his face was priceless. He had a slow start but ended up getting a quarter at the end, so I think he won! Way to go Cutler for keeping up the tradition. (Noah won when he was 1 too!) Noah didn't get the quarter this year, but he was 'fast as lightning' as he put it.

After the park we headed up to aunt Linda's. She had made some lunch so we hung out there a while and let the kids all run around. We ended up at the races where grandpa had a couple horses running. He won one of the races after a fight, which was kind of funny. I've never seen that before at the races. And the second horse, didn't do so well.

Of course it wouldn't be the 24th without fireworks, but we didn't stay in Beaver that late so we did our own at Kent & Sherie's. It was a fun day, and surprisingly enough the boys were so good and Noah was helpful. I didn't ever have to get after them, and I don't even think I ever lost my patience with them. (pat on my back)

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Way to go Tiffany! A whole day, no husband, busy activities and you didn't loose it once! Your my hero.