Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of School

Noah started his first day of Kindergarten today and it was a bitter sweet morning. He actually went yesterday, but I stayed with him and it was mostly just to see what they knew and what they could do. This morning Cutler and I walked Noah up to the school and took him inside to find his desk. When it was time to leave Cutler was a little confused about why we were leaving his 'buddy'. I told him we would pick him up later and to say bye. To watch the boys tell each other bye was kind of sad. Over the summer they have become each other's little buddies. They played together (not always the best) everyday. Now it's just me and Cutler.


Noah said he had a lot of fun and that he 'really likes school'. He and I both are so ready for him to actually have some structure to his day. He really loves to learn, and I am so excited for him to learn "Everything he needs to know...in Kindergarten"!

7 comments:

Sherie said...

What a big day Noah! School is so fun and you will learn so many things and make lots of new friends! I can't wait to hear all about your day!
I love you!!

The Millers said...

What a handsome kindergartener! Can you believe we have kids old enough to go to school? Crazy! Michael is having the same withdrawal issues as Cutler. So sad to loose your best buddy!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

You look so big Noah!! I can't believe that we have kids this old. Life goes by way to fast.

Morgan said...

How exciting! i am pretty sure the hardest part for when Gracey goes to school will be tearing Emily away from her. They fight so much but are still each other's best buddy.

Staci... said...

SO fun!! Way to go NOAH!

The McGraths said...

So fun! I can and can't wait for school. He has grown so much over this last year. I can't believe he's already in kindergarten!

Maren & Danny said...

Hooray for Kindergarten! Ave was so excited-but I think she is disappointed that it does't last longer...:0)