Friday, August 22, 2008

Catching up again

Once again I am going to try to play catch up. We have been doing a lot, I wouldn't say we've been busy, I've just been lazy with blogging.

Last Thursday was Cutler's 2nd birthday, but we weren't able to celebrate that day because we had to go out of town for our cute cousin Sarah's wedding. I went with Kent, Sherie & Melanie Thursday afternoon to make it for the dinner. Colby came with the boys after work that night. Friday was the wedding at the S.L. Temple which I've never been in, and I must say it is absolutely beautiful (of course). Elder Ballard performed the ceremony and he gave some very good counsel. He has a cute little sense of humor too. But being in the room with one of the 12 apostles, and listening to him give advise to your face was amazing, and I loved the feeling of the spirit surrounding us. Afterwards we went and got lunch and then Colby took the boys to the Zoo. Cutler had never been before, and we thought that since we didn't do anything for his birthday this would be a fun thing for him to see. I didn't go because I wanted to do some shopping. No offense Sherie & Mel, but I should have went to the zoo (not much luck in any of the stores). Colby only got this one picture, and it's just funny because Cutler looks like he's reading the map being there little tour guide.


After about an hour we met back up at the reception and then headed home. It was a short trip, but the reception was so pretty! Here are a few pictures of us and the boys all dressed up - you don't see this too often.


On the other side of this little fence is a pond with a waterfall, and the boys couldn't get enough of it. What is it with boys and water?

We got home super late friday night so that Colb could make it to work in the morning and I could get what I needed to done for Cutler's party. So saturday morning I tried to pick up the house a little but didn't have much success. You know how it goes when you need to get things done and you have 2 children who run through the house tearing everything apart that you just did? Ya! I had a hair appointment, and while I was there the boys went to my mom's. Just as I was getting ready to come home they call me and ask if they should meet me at insta-care or if I wanted to come there first? Cutler had fallen off the bar stool onto the floor and nobody really saw exactly what happened but he wouldn't use his left arm, and as the time went on he babied it more and more. So I rushed across town to get him and see what I needed to do. Colby left work and we decided we better take him in and have it looked at. They x-rayed it and didn't find anything. A little bit of fluid in his elbow, so the dr. figured he probably hyperextended it and it would heal on it's own. As the day went on you could see him not using his arm, but other than that he acted ok. So we went on with the party. Nothing exciting - I was actually sad that I didn't really do anything for him. We ordered pizza and got cupcakes. He opened his presents and that was the day.

Here's the birthday boy eating his cupcake. I was going to change his clothes to be all cute for the party and do his hair, but after the whole arm thing, I said bag it and we took him as he was! (See how he's holding his left arm? That's how it looked for about 2 days, so sad.)

Now on to more exciting things...

the ultra sound. News coming Monday!!

4 comments:

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Poor little guy. I'm happy everything was fine with it though. As for the ultrasound... I can't wait to hear! You better be posting ASAP because I'll be checking ALOT!

Sherie said...

I'm with you, we should have gone to the zoo...the shopping was just not happening..(can't believe I just said that)...that was a busy couple of days..Cutlers birthday was fun..even among all the drama with his arm. I'm glad it wasn't worse..he was a trooper anyway opening all his presents one handed!! What a kid! AND...drum roll....are we going to be on the PINK train???...can't wait!

stefanie said...

Poor Cutler! I would have kept him in the same clothes, and he looked cute! I'm glad it wasnt' worse too! It sounds like a whirlwind of a weekend but the pics of you guys at the wedding are so cute! I can't wait for the ultrasound...so exciting, you better call me when you find out!!

The Millers said...

So sad we missed his party! And I hadn't heard anything about his poor little arm. I hope it's finally feeling better. We just went to the zoo this weekend with my family - I'm gonna post that tomorrow - and even though we've done it a million times, it's still fun! Anyway - you better call me with the big news! We're so excited to see if you break the streak!