Wednesday, August 6, 2008

In case you were wondering...

(and just don't dare ask) and I know you all are wondering, yes, it's true. Colby got himself booked and released from the Washington Co. Jail on Sunday. We didn't really think it would get out like it has, but we were wrong. Here's the scoop...
Back in March he was turkey hunting up in New Harmony with his f-i-l and the boys. Yes, my boys. They saw some turkeys and Colby wanted to shoot them but Kent told him he better at least get off the road. So Colby pulled off the road but not far enough. This guy must have been watching the whole thing from the comfort of his own home, and as soon as Colby shot he showed up. He told them they were too close to the homes, which they were, and that he had to turn him in. (he was shooting the other way) He was the game warden, and just happened to live right there. So he got Colby's info and did what he had to do. I knew nothing about this until a week or two later when the fish & game showed up at my house trying to find Colby. (the warden had written the wrong phone number down.) He told me that he wasn't in too much trouble, but that he had done something wrong, and proceeded to tell me. I was not happy. Colby knows better than this, and so does Kent. Anyway, the f&g guy made it sound like he would just get a fine, not too bad. So 2 weeks ago Colby had his court date, and the judge told him he had to go get booked and released. Colby said he was so nervous. So if you saw it or read it, it's true. My husband now has a record. I definitely was not going to post about this, but we've gotten a lot of phone calls, and Colby says he gets stared at all day at work, so I decided we better let everyone know - you're all wondering anyway!! And we can laugh about it, probably shouldn't, but we do.

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

So funny!! word gets out in good ole' St.George!!

Staci... said...

So so funny! You criminal Colby!! So I am guessing it's posted all over the Spectrum!? Fun Stuff!! Cole says he expects more from someone who got manager of the year! JK!!

The Millers said...

I can't believe nobody said anything at all about that on Monday at your party! I was totally in the dark! That's pretty funny. Nice for you to find out from the F&G. Poor Colby, did the paper put what he was booked for, or is everybody thinking he's a serious criminal? Funny!

Tiffany said...

We didn't see it in the paper. Our neighbors told us it wouldn't make the paper, but we heard it did. On the website they listed it as discharging a weapon (I think). It's pretty vague so it sounds a lot worse than it really is. And nobody in our family even knew about it.

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

I love it. Word does travel fast. Oh well who really cares that we have a criminal in the family right. HA HA. We love you Colby!!!!

Sherie said...

Colby...we just have to laugh at something like this....it will all blow over before you know it. Hey, we're used to being the topic of the town!!..we love you,record and all!

T.K. said...

That is too funny, I didn't think anything of it when you left that post for me cuz I see a lot of people I know on it. But then it all made sense when I saw Colby the next day, I didn't think anything of it I knew he couldn't have done anything too bad. I laughed too, what a memory huh?

stefanie said...

OH my!!! Why didn't I know anything about this?! That's pretty funny though....Colby the Criminal definitely has a ring to it! Just kidding we still love ya!

.mel. said...

Oh dear, word travels fast in good ol st. george! Too funny you criminal you!

Anonymous said...

Tiff, this is funny. What do you do, other than laugh. I was dying of laughter reading it just barely. Anyone who knows Colby, just has to laugh. Miss ya!

Michelle said...

Hey, you can't blow your nose in S.G. without everyone knowing about it. Funny! Someone asked me about it at DMS(school) and I had no clue! It's pretty funny, but also pretty stupid! Live and learn. Anyway, people aren't staring at you because you're 'Colby the crimnal'...they are in AWE to see the JJ's mgr. of the year in real life!!! You're great!
Michelle

Morgan said...

I had no idea, but I don't check bookings very regularly! That is pretty funny but I am sure will be lots funnier further down the road for you guys!! :)

Gretchen said...

That is something that you will laugh about for a long time!! Some people have nothing better to do than to see good, innocent people get in trouble!! What a dork for calling the cop on him! How sad! Hey Colb, at least you were out having a good time with your boys! That is what really matters, right!!