Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Swimming Babies!

So the other night during my blog stalking I saw this and I think it's amazing. Scary. But amazing.

http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html


The whole time I watched this I was trying to calmly breath for the little boy and I caught myself holding very still, like I was going to go under the water if I moved. I had Cutler watch it with me and he just stared and didn't move. I wish they did this here, but the closest one is in Vegas. I think it would be a good idea to get Cutler to learn how to do this. Especially since my parents put a pool in last year, and he's always on the go. This year I'm really going to have to watch him close. He loves the water!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen this before and it can be a little scary. I wish they had it here too think how beneficial it would be!

The Millers said...

My boys were watching with me when I first turned it on and they both were crying(actual tears) for the little boy. They were really scared for him. Even though it would be very beneficial, I don't think I could bear doing that to my child. I guess we'll just have to be extra careful at Grandma's house!

Maren & Danny said...

Yeah-isn't that crazy! I have seen that before & I was the same as you-I think I held my breath! I also wish they were closer. Owen is our little fish & shows no fear with water which freaks me out. He literally tries to swim in the tub-if someone else saw him they would probably think he was going to drown! But he loves it!

Sherie said...

That is unbelievable...I couldn't believe how long that little guy just layed there...amazing. What a life saving technique! Noah and Cutler should both learn it!...

Morgan said...

I have watched that before and it is heartwrenching!!! It is very difficult to watch. I wish the program was closer to me as well. I would most definitely pay the money for it.

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

I've seen this before and WOW! Even though I knew what was going to happen I still held my breath.