Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

January 27, 2008

As I'm sure all of you know, our sweet prophet returned to the Lord and his sweet Marjorie, tonight. I am so grateful that I was able to be here on this earth during his administration. He has accomplished so much during his time as prophet, and the world has benefitted tremendously from him. As I watched all of the broadcasts tonight I had tears in my eyes because of all of the wonderful things he had done, and for all of the lives he has touched, including mine.

I read an email once that said something about At judgement day, after passing through the veil and greeting others, being asked which prophet's time we were from and when answered Gordon B. Hinckley there came a silence over all the people, because he was such a special man. That we had been saved for this time because we were so valiant and faithful before coming to earth. I am so grateful that that will be me, that will be us! I love him so much and will miss listening to his great counsel and cute humor at each conference.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I think we will all have a post on our blogs about President Hinckley. He was a great man and will be missed!

T.K. said...

I dido all that Tiff, I too was soooo SAD he was marvelous!!!

Sherie said...

Somehow we never thought we would see the day come that Gordon B. Hinckley wouldn't be our prophet...he touched everyone from young to old. I just can't think of anything else today but of the awesome reunion in Heaven today.

Morgan said...

He is so special and I am sure there was a special reverence in Heaven as he was greeted by those he loved so much.

stefanie said...

You sent me that e-mail and it gave me chills when I read it. He was such a neat man!

The McGraths said...

That's a neat story about him That I have never heard. He will definitly be missed. I am so thankful for my knowledge of eternal life and families can be together forever! He is finally with his wife again and that makes me so happy.