Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bryce Canyon and Flat Stanley

April 27-28
A while back Colby won a night up at a Bryce Canyon Hotel. We had never found a time to go, but it expired on May 1st, and we wanted to use it. We had pretty much come to terms with the fact that it was just going to go to waste. Somehow it all worked out...my parents took the two little ones to Payson with them to visit my sister, Noah stayed at gramma Sherie's, and we were in the car and on our way literally within 30 minutes of my parents driving away.

We got up there pretty late, but we didn't care. We met up with our friends at the hot tub, who won the same thing. We enjoyed a nice quiet night, in our huge room, with no drapes. Really!! And a street light right outside our window. If you know Colby, that didn't go over well...at all! (he sleeps with a black sock covering the alarm clock so there's NO light in the room)

In the morning we got up and got ready to explore Bryce. I had never been before so it was a fun experience for me. I'm gonna get a little sappy for a minute and just say...Utah is so beautiful!!! I can't believe the things we have here, that we{I} take for granted.


We walked up a few trails, and took a ton of pictures. Mostly because of Flat Stanley. Smith sent him to Noah a while back and we kept either forgetting to take him, or we were busy with just normal life, so we took him with us so he could see our beautiful state!!

Colby was so funny. He would hide Flat Stanley literally until the minute I was ready to take the picture. It was like he was embarrassed to pull him out. He had me laughing so hard I was crying, the whole day. I'm glad we had Flat Stanley to keep us laughing. The funny thing was he kept saying, I'm glad we have him. It's making us take pictures. So Thank you Smith for sending Flat Stanley to Utah!! We loved taking him on our little getaway!!






We never get to go away overnight without our kids, unless it's a big vacation.
 It was so fun just the two of us, just one night. 


No comments: