Monday, August 8, 2011

Puerto Vallarta

The day in Puerto Vallarta was the best and worst day of the whole trip. But the best by so much it deserves it's own post.
It was Thursday, my birthday, and the day we went on the zipline/repelling excursion. By far the best excursion offered on the cruise!!

You may want to skip this TMI section. I won't be offended.
It was the worst day because I was so sick. I'm pretty sure I got dehydrated the day before on the fishing trip. I didn't drink anything except a little bit of gatorade I had taken with me. I threw up before we left the ship, but was so nauseous the whole day. I just have to say this...i'm super nauseous when we get off the boat, already having thrown up. Then we get on this boat and ride across the ocean to a little village. A stinky village. And get into these jeep/truck things and ride on the bumpiest cobblestone/dirt roads for about 30 minutes. It was a beautiful drive. But bumpy. The whole time I kept thinking I was going to puke at any time. I do have to say that at least it was overcast, and a much cooler day. THANKFULLY!!
They don't allow you to take anything with you because of the zipline, and water. There's no way you could carry your stuff. So no pictures except what they took, and I was a sucker to buy. :)

Once we got our gear on they took us up to the donkeys. We rode them about 20 minutes up the mountain. And I was still very nauseous.






We ziplined, repelled, crossed rope bridges, did free fall repelling, and saw some amazing sights.
I made it through without throwing up, until the very end after everyone had gone on. The guides were so amazingly caring and helpful and made sure the whole time that I was feeling ok to keep going, and just making sure I was ok.
After all that, we got back in the trucks, drove back down the bumpy road, this time in the rain, through the stinky village down to the dock and back into our boat.




When we got back Colby and I went looking for one last souvenir for Lexie in these little shops right by the ship. I was so nauseous I went behind the building and puked. Ha. Right by the road. I left Colby there to finish the bartering and went back to my room where I stayed the rest of the night...throwing up a few more times.
No birthday cake for me!!

1 comment:

.mel. said...

Fun stuff! Kinda jealous, i want to go on a cruise! it's been way too long. Just gotta talk dave into it! ;)
Happy Birthday too!