Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cutler's Carnival

 Warning: tons of pictures. tons of information.
I love throwing a fun birthday party! My parents think I'm crazy. But I know (hope, really) my kids will be so thankful when they're older and they look back on their birthdays, and see how much fun they were. [wink wink] Anyway...I've always wanted to do a carnival. And this year I did it. The planning probably started clear back in February...at least. And I thought it turned out Super Cute!!


Each person invited had a ticket with their name on it attached to the invitation. Then it was put into a drawing when they got here. The winner was Smith and he got a [drum roll please] Beach Ball!!
I wasn't quite ready when the kids started coming so that part was a little crazy. When they got here, I had a little bag with their name on it and a few little things in it...clown nose, crazy straw, lollipop, and then they used that bag to carry around their prizes from each booth. They also were given a ticket for each of the booths, that they used to get to play the game.
Once I had some parents here to help, we got the games going.
I have to explain this one. (like you really care) At the 'kissing booth' you had to guess how many kisses were in the container. The person who guessed the closest amount won the whole container. Noah won it! He guessed 270, and there were 265. Also at that table was the 'lollipop pull'.







The face painting was such a hit we had to stop so Cutler could open presents.



Some of the yummy food


Presents

Most of the party gang
Have you ever tried to get 20 kids to all look at the camera and smile at the same time?
It doesn't work.

Singing and blowing out the candles

The rest are just random pictures I liked and wanted to have...[for the book].




This was by far the funnest birthday party I've ever given. And I would totally do it all over again. I couldn't have done it without all of the help from family though. Thank you! Thank you!

6 comments:

.mel. said...

i can't believe school has started already, that came fast!! Have fun Noah! Pretty sure 3rd grade was my absolute favorite!! ;)
And the party was great! Nice work. Hallie LOVED getting her face painted, still wish we could have got a mustache on blake. ;)

.mel. said...

i can't believe school has started already, that came fast!! Have fun Noah! Pretty sure 3rd grade was my absolute favorite!! ;)
And the party was great! Nice work. Hallie LOVED getting her face painted, still wish we could have got a mustache on blake. ;)

Sherie said...

Weeeeeeeeeee! What a blast Cutlers Carnival was! AND...darling new header..LOVE it :)

Kiesha said...

Umm...Mother.Of.The.Year! Soo cute! You can come and host my kid's parties anyday! We'll have to discuss the scrapbook paper and all at the upcoming wedding..if you're there! So cute, what a lucky 5 year old to have such an awesome birthday!

Staci... said...

Oh my heck! What a cute party! Happy Birthday Cutler!!!!

tammylozano said...

Tiff that has gotta be the cutest bday party ever YOU ARE THE BEST MOMMY EVER:)