Monday, March 17, 2008

March 18, 2000

...Eternity began




Many times people have asked me how it effects me when their anniversary comes around, or her birthday, and even the anniversary of her death. This is what I tell most of them:

"I would only hope that if it were me, his new wife would bring my children to visit me at the cemetary. And that his new family would still visit my family often, so that my children could stay close to my parents and my siblings and their children. I would want them to teach my children about me, so that they could feel like they knew me." I love learning things about Colby & Natalie - not so much at first, but I love it now.

I don't know any fun facts about their wedding day, and Colby's already in bed so I can't ask him.

The most important thing that I know happened on this day 8 years ago, Colby & Natalie were sealed for Eternity in the House of the Lord. Because of this, they will be together forever! We will be together forever, as one family. I didn't know Natalie, but I have learned a lot about her from her family and Colby. I have felt her around me, I'm sure teaching me how to take care of her sweet little boy, and making sure I'm a good mom to him.

Happy Anniversary Colby & Natalie!

17 comments:

Jenny said...

Tiffany - You are amazing. I don't know how I would handle things in a situation like yours, but you sure do a great job. I am sure both Colby and Natalie appreciate your efforts in keeping the family close (more so than you will ever know).

stefanie said...

Tiff, you're so cool...seriously. Thanks for the post. We love you.

The Millers said...

You really are amazing. You handle all of it so well!

Sherie said...

Tiffany, you do all these things and more...and not only do we love you for it, but I know Natalie does as well. We couldn't be more blessed...
I can tell you a couple fun facts about this day 8 years ago..they'll give you a chuckle...one is about the people swimming in the swimming pool at the reception, the other involves Natalie drinking a LOT of Coke..so she could stay awake!...
We love you Tiff!...

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Tiff you are awesome! I would hope that I would be at least 1/2 as awesome as you are if I were in your situation. I'm sure Natalie and her family appreciate you so much for getting so close to them. But really what a blessing! You have 3 families and most only get two. You're amazing!

WESTWOOD'S said...

You are so amazing. I don't know how you do it. Right now I am crying my eyes out and it all because of you. I don't know that I could be as gracious as you, but I would hope that I could. Colby and Noah are so lucky to have you in their lives.

susiefarns said...

I always knew you were a special person and this certainly proves it. The other day I looked at the blog for Natalie and I cried the whole time. I think you are such a fantastic person and we are all lucky for knowing you.

susiefarns said...

I always knew you were a special person and this certainly proves it. The other day I looked at the blog for Natalie and I cried the whole time. I think you are such a fantastic person and we are all lucky for knowing you.

Maren & Danny said...

Wow-thanks Tiff! I really needed a reality check today...

Kaymee said...

ditto on the crying thing :) You are a great girl!!!! and mom!!

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
I am more amazed by you everyday. What an amazing person you are. I sincerely look up to you in so many ways. Natalie has the neatest family, how fun that you get to be a part of that as well.

Amber S. said...

Tiff, you are so amazing! I think that its so awesome how well you handled everything, and I think it is way cool that you do that for Natalie.

Tiffany said...

Thanks everyone for thinking I'm so AMAZING!! But seriously, I would almost bet every one of you would do the same thing. You may not think that now because you're not in the situation, but you would. Plus, the Danjanovich's have made it so easy to love them and want to be a part of their family. I just know that Natalie and I will love each other when the day comes that we finally meet.

Elisa said...

Awesome post Tiff.

Elisa said...

Awesome post Tiff.

Jennie said...

Wow Tiff. Thank you for sharing those feelings. You are an incredible person.

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.