Saturday, March 29, 2008

and the Meanest Mom award goes to...




ME!! Yes, that's right, I am the Meanest Mom!! So here's the story...(get comfy this is long) On school days (m-w-f) Noah has to have a nap. I know, that right there deserves the award. For the past couple of weeks he hasn't been taking his naps, therefore earning a nap on Tues. & Thurs. and he actually falls asleep on those days. Well, this last week was just like that. So yesterday while the boys were supposed to be napping, Noah wasn't - I'm a mom I just know he wasn't. So when Cutler woke up I decided to just go in and tell Noah to get up because Cutler goes in there anyway and bugs him. While we were in there playing and tickling him an empty package of gum wrappers fell onto his pillow (from the headboard). I looked at him and he knew the questioning was going to start. Here's the convo:

N- Well, I don't know where they're from.
me- I have an idea. Have you been sneaking and eating gum in here?
N- No, I haven't.
m- Noah, tell me the truth. You don't get in as much trouble when you tell the truth.

I then moved his bernard dog only to find something I really did not want to find. Probably 15-20 empty candy wrappers, an empty baggie which I'm sure held all of the candy, and chewed gum. Yes, chewed gum.

m- Noah what is all of this?
N- Wull....wull...uhh
m- have you been eating candy in here while you were supposed to be having a nap?!

Now the anger really comes out and let's just say I was not happy. I finally got out of him that he had been eating it during his nap time. He got in the most trouble for lying to me, and then just because he was sneaking it and eating it. In all my raging fury I took his beloved 'Hope' away and no candy for a week. That night when it came time for bed Noah grabbed carebear and Colby asked him why he was sleeping with him and not Hope, then showed him where Hope was. I listened and walked in then to tell him Hope was taken away. Noah started crying, but I stayed strong and stood my ground. I did tell him if he was good today he could have her back for tonight. It must have worked because he was so good all day long.

Yes, there's more.

Today we had to take Noah to get his pictures taken for t-ball. After they were done there was a little carnival thing over by the fields, so we walked over to let the kids play for a minute. Well, of course everyone was a winner, and everyone won...dun dun dun candy!! But Noah was so good and every time he would either tell them no, or he would take it and put it right in my bag. What a good little boy. Then on our way home here's another convo:

N- Mom, last night when we went to papa Kent's I told gramma that I couldn't have any candy.
m- You did? Did you tell her why?
N- No (laugh)
m- Did she ask you why?
N- Yes
m- what did you tell her?
N- Just what you told me
m- Did she say you have a mean mom?
N- Yes (laugh again)

So there you have it! I am the Meanest Mom!

**Note: I really really wanted to take a picture of all the wrappers but just couldn't because I didn't want him to think this was funny. But I really thought about it before making him throw them all away.

9 comments:

The Millers said...

Too Funny! I think we all feel like the meanest mom sometimes. And Noah really is a good boy. My boys would have for sure snuck candy at the carnival.(By the way, we went to get Carsons pictures taken today too, and we didn't even let him go over to the carnival - evidence that you are not the MEANEST mom!)

Morgan said...

Tiff, that is impressive!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Hahaha- BOYS ARE TROUBLE! (but so so so cute and funny!) But we might be in competition for the award of MEANEST MOM!

Sherie said...

Defense...In my denfense...I did not say you were the meanest Mom! That silly Noah....did turn down a piece of candy...but he didn't tell me why...and I was impressed...he had celery instead! What a man! Noah ...you are a good boy...even when you sneak a treat...don't we all do that sometimes?....
Tiff...your not a mean Mom...your a great Mom!
love you
xoxoxo

Jennie said...

My husband thinks the best thing about being an adult is that he can eat candy WHENEVER he wants. Hang in there, Noah!

Christan said...

I was pretty sure I was the meanest mom ever, especially after being alone with the kids for the past few weeks, my patience are shot! They don't have Kenny to be "the nice one!" We all have our moments, and now you know he will NEVER do that again! :0)

Wayne and LaRae John said...

Wow, I thought taking kids back to the store to pay for stolen gum made me the meanest mom. But I have to admit that you were awesome not to cave. You aren't the meanest, but it feels like it sometimes! Way to go Tiffany. It pays off later down the road. You have great kids and are a great mom!

Kellyn said...

That is so cool that he obeyed! And didn't even take the candy, you must be doing something right!

Jenny said...

Noah seems like a good little boy. I am super impressed that he didn't even try to sneak any candy (I would have).

You are not a mean mom, you have to stick to your guns as a parent! Way to go!