Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lexie's party

This year she has been obsessed with Little Mermaid, ever since we saw it at Tuacahn.
So we went with that for her party.
 I knew that once Christmas started coming, I wasn't going to want to plan anything.
So I started kinda early.
But of course, December got here, I wasn't quite done planning, but I was done.
If you get my drift.
Christmas birthdays are horrible!

her invite



The day in between Christmas and her birthday is pretty much dedicated to preparing for the party. But I'm so exhausted from Christmas I just can't make myself do it. I honestly had no idea what I was going to do for decorations. The only thing I could think of was to have hanging balloons, balloons on the floor, and maybe some streamers from the ceiling. To make it feel like we were under water. Lucky for me, Sherie had an idea to make jellyfish out of bowls and garland and hang them. It was such a cute idea. I probably didn't make them quite the way she visioned them, but they worked.

I had this crazy idea of having the kids make sand art with pixie sticks.
It started out pretty organized, but quickly turned to a mess!




Presents

This was the face I got when she figured out Ariel really sings!!

 She has asked for a bike probably since May.
I'm not kidding. All the kids on the street have one...but her.
She loves it!!

her cake
made by gramma sherie

She wasn't about to take her fingers out of her mouth.

 And only did to blow the candles out
but put them right back in!


Can you even imagine what it's like trying to fnd a place for all this stuff?
I just had to find a place for at least that much two days before.

And the very next morning...



It was a fun little party.
We probably won't ever do it again on her birthday. It's too close to Christmas.
She doesn't need all those presents in 2 days, and it's just so hard to want to even throw a party.
I'm thinking more of a half birthday from now on.
Like in June.
We'll see.

Happy Birthday little girl!!
We love you so much!!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

She's grown up so fast! And she's darling! Samantha's birthday is on the 23rd of January and I still feel like its too close to christmas! She doesn't need anything!