Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas morning

Christmas day was once again...CRAZY!!!
We had 3 families to see, open our own gifts, see what Santa brought, go to church, and enjoy the day.
Somehow it all worked out.
Although, seriously, I hope we can do something different next year.

We woke the kids up at 6:00. We've never woke them up that early before. Not for Christmas anyway.
My parents and Chad came to watch them open gifts at home, and see what Santa brought.
But they weren't here when we got up so we made the kids wait for them.

Noah's Santa + ours
He asked for an Erector set and Cars 2 legos

Cutler's Santa + ours
He asked for a bow and arrow

 Lexie's Santa + ours
She asked for a vacuum, and a playhouse.

The night before we separated out all of the presents so that we could just open, and not have to sort. We figured we wouldn't have a ton of time because of church at 9:00.
As Santa was setting everything out...I was feeling a little bad about not getting our kids very much.
But I quickly reminded myself they still have 3 grandparents, and at least 3 cousins to get presents from.
It really did feel good knowing we didn't go overboard and buy stuff just to buy this year.
*at 4:00 in the morning I remembered I had a bag of clothes I forgot to put out for the kids*

First official look at everything

Colby took the kids to pick out their gifts to me. When they got home they wrapped them all in one big box.
He called it the treasure box.
So all the kids were gathered around me watching me open it.

Boy was it full of treasures!! Lexie picked out 2 nail polishes, one for me and one for her. Noah chose the nut crusher. And Cutler gave me a Swig gift card.
LOVE all of it!!

 About the only surprise gift to Colby was the Tiller attachment for his weed eater.
I was so excited to surprise him with this, and 2 days before Christmas he was out using his dad's that he had borrowed months ago. I guess he'll have it for the spring!!

After we all opened presents, Lexie went over and sat on my mom's lap. She was telling her "Santa didn't bring my playhouse. He must have forgot it. Maybe he'll bring it next year".
My mom retold me all that and I felt horrible. 
We had totally forgotten about it. It was outside all ready to go...thankfully.
So I asked her where she thought Santa would have put it.
She answered outside so I told her to go look.

It was freezing outside, but we had to go look


 It's perfect for the little kids. And they love it!!

1 comment:

Kiesha said...

Cute pictures! Once you figure in the grandparents and the cousins too, they get spoiled! I know I'll be worse *if* I ever get a girl:) The swig gift card..I had never heard of that place until we were down there for yw and the president said we had to go there..YUM! Yea, I want to go everytime I'm in town now! Looks like a great Christmas at the Labrums!