Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Where to start?

Holy flip!! You'd think I've been on a super long amazing vacation or something...sadly, I haven't...yet. For now, I guess just lazy. So I have a lot to catch up on and I'm gonna do it all...right..now!!

The week before Cutler's preschool graduation our super duper intelligent brother in law Reagan graduated from Medical school from the University of Louisville. We didn't attend, and are sad about it, but we are super proud of you Reagan (& Stef!!) and are so happy for you to move on to the next phase of your life.

Lexie:
 has officially entered the 'emptying phase' as I like to call it. She seriously empties EVERYTHING! I think it's funny that all of my kids have done it, but it's super annoying when you're trying to go somewhere and by the time we're all ready the house is completely 'emptied'. 
She has started carrying a blanket around everywhere. Finally she's learned that food isn't such a bad thing. I still wouldn't say she's a good eater, but she eats. Still loves her binki. And still has to have a bottle before bed. We took her swimming for the first time at my parent's house and she LOVED it. The first time actually getting in the big pool, that is. It was quite warm, which I think helped. So far, since school got out...last week, the kids have done a lot of playing in our $10 Kmart special. Or Walmart. The past couple of weeks have been a blur.
And she LOVES the swing.

Noah:
 finished the first grade, and actually liked his teacher. Remember at the first of the school year he got into a lot of trouble? By the end of the year they were almost best friends. Isn't it funny what a little discipline will do? He is seriously so tall. He's going to have to learn how to do his own hair this summer because by the time school starts, I won't be able to see the top of his head.  He loves to read, and is so good at sounding out all the words. He barely needs help anymore. He has always been the BEST big brother, especially to Lexie. He loves her so much and is always looking out for her.

On Memorial Day we took these flowers to the cemetary. I love the cemetary on Memorial Day, all the flowers are so pretty. It's the one day of the year that almost every single grave is decorated. I was however, actually sad to get to Natalie's grave and see that not one person had taken her any flowers. I knew all of her family was out of town, but I also know there are other people around that love her and thought that they may have done something for her. (And Doug & Janet showed up right behind us.) I guess what I mean is we got there later in the day, and I was just surprised that there hadn't been anyone else there yet.

Cutler:
 is Cutler. Thankfully he's pretty much outgrown his t.v. stage, but now that just means he is into something or doing something all the time. Mostly, it's not good stuff. This boy is trouble. Colby has taken the boys camping a couple of times so far, and the other night he took them + Lexie fishing. The next day we ran a few errands, and came home to swim in our super cool pool. Everyone had changed into swim suits and while I was setting up the slip-n-slide I noticed something on his chest. Like a bug, but didn't say anything thinking he would feel it and get it off. All of a sudded he started freaking out screaming get it off!! get it off!! I ran over to him and went to flick it off but noticed it was burrowing itself into him. A tick! We ran into the house and I grabbed the tweasers to pull it out, but it wouldn't budge. I left all the kids and ran to the neighbor to ask her if she'd ever seen one before and if this was one. She came back to the house with me to help take care of it. And keep me calm. We tried to burn it out with a match. She looked on the internet to find out what else to do and it said after trying to burn it out to try and twease it but to gently pull back and forth. The stupid thing was not moving. Our last resort was insta-care. Once again Cutler got to visit Dr. Moore. I know you can't really see it, but the black part that looks a little like stitches is its butt and legs.
Here he is being so brave. He'll even tell you he was. So they're numbing him because they wanted to use tweasers and pull the skin up where the tick was and just cut the skin. I was so mad they were going to just cut his skin. Like they can't get the thing out any other way! Well, they missed the spot with the magic numbing gel and we had to wait another 30 minutes for it to work. In the end they just pulled the thing out with super sharp tweasers. It was in pieces but he got it all out. Whew! It was an intense couple of hours.
This kid always has drama. I hope it's not like this forever with him. I still have a little girl to raise.

Colby has been busy with work. Now that summer is here it will slow down a little bit. And he has been on a few camping trips with the boys. Lexie & I went once too. I love camping but it's hard with little ones. Lexie is hard this year because she's walking, but still not totally stable, and the ground is so uneven. Ugh, it's just hard with little ones. But the boys love it, so they go whenever they want. 
I've been doing a whole lot of nothing. Really. I did get me some boobs. Yes, I just said that. I really just admitted it. I'm not ashamed. Who doesn't love boobs? Especially if you've had them, then lost them. It's been a rough recovery, I think I've tried to do more than I should have too early. But I have to be a mom. My sister helped out the first week which was the biggest help ever!! And no, I didn't go huge. I just look normal now. 

5 comments:

susiefarns said...

I totally love that you admitted you got boobs. I did too but about 2-1/2 years ago. I bet their great. Congratulations. And I do read your blog and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

.mel. said...

HA. your so funny. I think it's boob season [really]! Anyways, i like the major update/mega post!!!

Kiesha said...

I L.O.V.E. the updates! Funny, I was totally wondering why you couldn't lift much at Kaitlyn's shower. So glad I now know. And yes, I will be checking them out next time I see you:)

Lindsey R said...

Love the updates! I'm glad you got the boobies! haha.. They are the best thing I ever done for myself!

Sarah said...

Hooray for your boobs! I've told my husband I'm getting them after we are done having kids. It's no fun looking like a 12 year old. I'm glad you are posting again!