Monday, June 7, 2010

Brushfire

Have any of you that live here ever been there? It's such a cute little place, and has a ton of little projects that you can do. This year, like every other year, we were totally brain fried as to what we were going to get gramma Sherie for her birthday. And like every other year, I waited until the day of our little party to get something for her. So while driving down Main St. and asking the kids what are we gonna get her? for the 30th time Noah says, "what about a plate that has her age on it?" I figured she wouldn't want her age on it but it was a great idea(sorta). So I turned around and went back. Now let me paint you the picture of us in there...it was noon, exactly...we hadn't eaten lunch...I was by myself...with my 3 children...7, 3, 1. Noah loved the place...Cutler liked looking at all the pottery, throwing saltine crackers into the fan, and getting his hand painted...Lexie wanted nothing to do with any of it. I had no idea how it worked in there, but you pick your piece, then all your colors and paint. But it takes a week to bake it and all the other stuff they have to do to it. So we took a picture of the kids after we were done painting and gave her the picture at the party.
She loved the picture...now I just need to get the actual plate to her. It's done and I picked it up today. And I'm so happy with it. I think it turned out super cute!!
I'm pretty sure all the grandma's and maybe even the grandpa's can expect something like this for all things gifted!

3 comments:

Sherie said...

This is the BEST gift EVER...I LOVE it..I'll cherish it forever! Thank YOU Noah, Cutler and Lexie. :)xoxo

The Millers said...

Tiffany, you put me to shame! Your always coming up with the cutest little gifts. Great idea, I may steal it. Don't worry I'll give it to my parents so you can still do yours!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Really cute idea! Father's day is coming...I might have to stop in...