Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer fun

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to. We didn't start the summer break out so great. I didn't have any real plans for the kids...I just wanted them to play. But with all the neighbors different schedules and me not wanting to entertain, that didn't work out. So I started entertaining.
First, feeding the ducks. We just go to Jimmy John's and get the day old bread. One loaf usually does the trick. The kids love this.

Second, another day at the city splash pad. (I don't really know what this place is called.) The waterfalls were the fun part this time.

We celebrated my grandpa's birthday. Almost the whole family was there. Good times.

kids climbed the clothes line (funny that that's still so fun to do)
all the great-grandkids singing happy birthday to grandpa. He loves kids!!
       
One night after work we drove up to Kolob and went fishing. I don't love fishing, but the kids & Colby do, so we made it a family affair. It got windy, and a little chilly, but we still caught some nice ones.
don't mind Noah in this picture. a boy's gotta do what a boy's gotta do, right? But check out the arch on Cutler's pole!

The next night we met up with our friends out at Snow Canyon. We bbq'ed, then went over to the sand dunes. We have never taken our kids here but we definitely will be going more now. They loved it! Even Lexie.
you can't go to the sand dunes without rolling down the hills!
Lexie finally got brave and wandered over to this little hill about 50 feet away. She was so tired but completely content just throwing the sand.
I should have taken a picture of the bath tub after each kid. Yuck! But they had fun so much it was worth it. I'm still sweeping up sand.

We also took the boys out to Tuacahn to see Tarzan. -No pictures-  It was super cute, and they loved it. There were a couple of things I thought they could have cut out of the play, just to make it a little bit shorter, but it was great. There were a ton of kids there, and they all sat through it great. My only beef with going out there during the summer is everything starts so late. The show normally starts at 8:30, but ours was a little late, and goes until 11:00, with a 15 minute intermission. We got home about 11:30/11:45, but the boys keep saying how much they liked it.

Now my problem with doing all these fun things is every single day Noah is asking what are we doing with dad tonight?
I guess at least they want to spend time with us.
Makes for some fun memories!

1 comment:

Elisa said...

This is totally what I hear every night when I put Mia to bed. "Mom, what we doing when I wake up? Something fun?" It's a constant planning session huh! sound like you're succeeding though!