Friday, August 7, 2009

The prayer pail

At our house, we tend to get in the habit of repeating the same prayer over and over. (Please tell me we're not the only family that does this.) For the past couple of months (it actually seems like forever) we have been trying to get Noah to think of other things he is thankful for, and other blessings he can ask for. The only things he seems to remember are 'thankful we could be good today' (hahaha), and 'thankful/bless us to have fun'. Every prayer!
One day while I was blog surfing on some 'Do it yourself' blogs I came across this prayer pail here.


I thought it was such a cute and good idea I got the stuff and we put our version together for FHE. As a family we sat down and each thought of things to put on the sticks that we could pray for. Now every night when we go to say prayers the boys each pick a stick and we make sure to add those two things into our prayers. It really has been such a helper.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

We are totally going to do this!!!!! I love it!!! Thanks!!

stefanie said...

K-I'll be making this! Love the idea! Yours turned out super cute!

Staci... said...

Such a cute idea!! For sure going to make that!!!

The McGraths said...

We always called my little brother the "Good Time Guy" because every prayer he was ask for us to "have a good time". Always, every prayer! So cute! Thanks for the tip, so gonna do this!

Sherie said...

Cute idea!...I think we can all use a prayer pail!..love it:)

Elisa said...

That's a great idea! I'm in charge of planning this class for Women's conference on sabbath activities/FHE activities, maybe I'll use that as one of our ideas!

Jenny said...

Such a cute idea! I will have to make one of these for sure.

The McGraths said...

I copied you and posted mine on my blog. Thanks for being so creative. Post more so I can copy you some more! :)