Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Leaf pile


Even though we are only weeks away from the most wonderful day of the year, here in our sunny parts we are definitely not feeling like it's even close to winter. I barely feel the fall air these days. We still have leaves on the trees, and green leaves at that. You can barely see the lights on our tree out front because the leaves haven't fallen yet.

Our neighbors behind us have the biggest Cottonwood(?) tree and I think every leaf that ever falls from it lands in our yard. The other day Colby mowed the lawn and as soon as he got done and came in the house said, "I bet tomorrow all the leaves fall off that stupid tree." He was right. We let them just lay there for a couple of days and finally I decided to rake them up and put them into a pile. Noah & I have been talking about doing it for a week or two now, but it's been wet, or there haven't been any on the ground yet. After listening to the boys fighting and yelling at each other for what seemed like hours, I decided to change what they were doing all together. I went out back and raked up all the leaves into a big pile and let them do what every kid wants to do when they see a big leaf pile...Jump! Roll! Throw! Lay! Whatever they desired, with a few pictures of course.

6 comments:

Kiesha said...

Those pics are so cute! I always love pictures in the fall. I can't wait to take Dav's in the leaves like that...I guess I might need a tree though:) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

.mel. said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of the two of them that you put on the side too, SO cute! I remember playing in the leaves when I was little, So fun! Me & Hallie are heading up there tomorrow, we have to go see Santa @ the Dickens festival! YAY!

Sherie said...

Nothing as fun as playing in the leaves...darling pictures! Cutest boys ever!! I want to jump in too!!

The Millers said...

Cute pictures! You are so fun to let them jump and play around. We definately don't get enough leaves for that. Maybe next time you'll have to invite my boys!

stefanie said...

LOVE the pics Tiff! They both look SO big! I can't wait to see them and let the boys play! ONE week! Oh baby!

Lindsey R said...

Tiff, your boys are so cute! Raking leaves is a big job, but can be so fun to jump in!