Monday, December 29, 2008

Our 'little' Lexie



Oh where to begin! This weekend flew by faster than I could have ever imagined. But I'm glad it's over and my sweet baby girl is finally here. As you know by now, for journaling purposes this will be a long and semi-detailed post. Enjoy, or skip to the pictures.
Since I was being induced I had to wait for the hospital to call me to tell me when to come in. I figured it would be about 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning before they called and then I would need to hurry over. Friday night Colby and my dad gave me a blessing and we made plans with my mom for the morning. I was up until almost midnight ironing, blogging, and making sure things were ready for me to be gone for a couple of days. Of course I didn't sleep well, or almost at all, and at 4:55 a.m. the phone rang. They wanted me there at 6:00! I don't think I've ever showered and gotten completely ready as quick as I did that morning. And obviously our plans had to change a little bit. My mom came to sit with the boys and Colby & I headed to the hospital.
They got me all hooked up and checked me and I was only dialated to a 2. The Dr. came at 8:30 and broke my water. A couple of hours later I started having pretty good contractions, and at around 11:00 I was at a 4. I told the nurses I would be there all day and probably not even have the baby until later that evening. In my mind, I really thought, or hoped it would be around 3 or 3:30. My contractions started getting pretty good, and only about 3 minutes apart. I asked for my epidural, and 45 minutes, getting pretty mad, and telling Colby to go find out where the anesthesiologist was he finally showed up. I'm pretty sure I was acting like one of those women you see on t.v. when they get really mad and are screaming for their medicine. I was in pain, and did not want to go through this without it. And when he came in he wanted to make friends with me...uh hello! I'm in pain here! He was really nice and professional, and talked me through EVERY thing he was doing. Let me just tell you, I did not enjoy hearing "OK, it's going to poke, now it's going deeper...now deeper..." and then "Now I'm inserting the tube..." seriously people! I almost told him to just do it without all the details but I was really trying to be nice. About 20 minutes later I felt great! Everyone left, I got a little rest, and at 1:00 the nurse came in to check me and told me I was complete. My mom walked in the room right then and I called Colby to tell him I was going to start pushing.
By now my contractions, that I thankfully could no longer feel, were starting to get bigger and closer. My nurse came to tell me that the girl in the room next to me was ready to start pushing and she was on her 4th kid, so they were going to do her first then come and do me. By the time they got in to me, my contractions slowed down to about every 5 minutes and weren't as big. But we got the job done with no problems. The dr. did show me the placenta and said that it's a good thing we induced when we did because she wasn't getting any nutrients. It was small compared to normal placenta and had calcium build-up all over it. I really didn't want to have a baby this close to Christmas, but I'm so glad she is here and healthy!

Now, enough of the details. Here are some pictures.


Our teeny, tiny Lexie


Cutler was so excited to see me and Colby and the baby. He just wasn't quite sure what was going on. And he would not let his death grip on Colby go.

Noah has been asking about this day for as long as I can remember. He is so excited to have his baby sister here with us now. All he wants to do is hold her and asks when he gets to feed her. He stayed right by her side the whole time he was there and checked out everything the nurses were doing to her.

As wild and crazy as this kid is, he really can be soft.

Notice how big her clothes are on her.

18 comments:

Tiff and Ryan said...

Tiff!!!!!!!! Congrats to your beautiful now BIG family.....I am so happy for you....she is beautiful!! Girls are fun! but so are boys!! Love u tiff....tiff

Jamie said...

Congrats, I have been patiently waiting to here and I should have known to check your blog Sat. I waited to here from Linda, and I was so excited for you guys. She is precious, I can't wait to see her, I need to stop in when I come to st. george. See ya soon,
Jamie

Kiesha said...

She's AdorAbLe!! I love love love the hair! I'm so glad everything went good and she is doing good! I couldn't stop thinking about you all day saturday hoping everything was going good! Well congrats and can't wait to see her!

Allison said...

Congrats!! I think from that first picture she looks like Noah. What a doll, so so cute. Congrats!

.mel. said...

She's so cute! Can't wait to come see her again!!

Maren & Danny said...

SO SO happy for you! She is such a little doll-can't wait to meet her! Take care & see ya soon...

Tiffany said...

Tiff, she is adorable! You have such a cute BIG family now!! BTW- You look absolutely gorgeous for just having a baby!!

Elisa said...

So cute! I'm glad she came when she did, My baby is measuring small right now and they are saying the same thing about the placenta. We'll see how early they make me go.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tiff and Colby. She is absolutely a beauty. I'm glad everything went well and she is here safe and sound.

Kaymee said...

Such a cutie Tiff!!!congratulations

ROB AND HOLLY said...

What a beautiful little baby! Congratulations to you and Colby - I am so happy for you. She is a doll!!

T.K. said...

Yeah u guys look awesome and what a precious little one.

Jessica said...

She's a cutie! Glad everything went okay!

Michelle said...

She's pretty cute! Can't wait to see her in person. Glad it's all over and that she is here safe and sound.

Julie Kohler said...

Yay! Congrats you guys!! She is so beautiful! What a tiny little sweetie. So glad everything went well, you'll have to let us know how adjusting to three is...in my house, it's hard, but worth it!

Tiffany said...

Congrats to you!!!!! She is a cutie!

Jenny said...

Congrats Tiffany & family. Hope you are all doing well!

Sarah said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad everything worked out and you are both doing well :)