Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another milestone


It seems like everyday Noah is learning to do something new. Which seems weird because he's 6, what more can he possibly learn? Whether it's a school project he has to complete at home, a book he's reading, a word I can hear him sounding out and figuring out how to spell, or a math problem, it seems like every single day he is getting smarter and smarter. Well, he has now officially learned how to tie his shoes! Are we late on this? I always thought they should know how to tie them by Kindergarten, but because we didn't take the time to teach him this summer, he didn't know how. I was dreading teaching him and quite honestly wanted Colby to do it. But I'm the one to get him ready every morning and off to school, so it pretty much fell on me. I have to say, the first couple of days were pretty stressful for me, I'm just not a good teacher. But it really did only take a couple of days and now he does it all by himself and is so proud! I must admit, I'm pretty proud of him too!


7 comments:

Kiesha said...

WAY TO GO NOAH!! That is a huge milestone and a relief for you I'm sure.

Kiesha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherie said...

AWESOME! In a world full of velcro..and slide on shoes, tying your shoes is almost obsolete! Noah, you are AMAZING!..I LOVE it!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Oh, I can't wait for the day when Jaxon can do that! Way to go Noah!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Oh, I can't wait for the day when Jaxon can do that! Way to go Noah!

The Millers said...

Way to go Noah! He really is accomplishing so much right now!(Carson hates tying his shoes, maybe Noah can give him some lessons on enjoying it!)

stefanie said...

He's getting too big, too fast! He's not little Noah boy anymore . . . Smith will love seeing all of his tricks! We can't wait!!!