Thursday, April 17, 2008

G.M. of the Year?

Last week I get this call from Colby. He tells me that he just found out that he is up for G.M. (general manager) of the year! What a man!! He flew out on Sunday to Champaigne, IL. to interview. Interview? Yes, interview. There are over 650 operating stores right now, and plenty in the process of opening up. Out of those 600 and whatever stores, they see who has the highest sales increase from the year before. Colby said there were only 7 managers and their owners who were there to interview. 7! He was one of them. So, he got there Sunday night and this is pretty much how his time was spent there:
  • Had a chauffer the whole time, from airport to hotel to dinner to interview to lunch to hotel to dinner to hotel - you get the picture!
  • interviewed with Jimmy John and James North (pres. of J.J.'s)
  • luncheon with all contenders
  • Dinner banquet with everyone, including Jimmy John

He got home Tuesday night just in time to watch Noah play t-ball. He said he had a good time, it was fast, but he felt like it went good.

He doesn't know who will actually win G.M. of the Year, they have to wait until the J.J. convention which is next month in Orlando. So what would he win you ask? Well, wait no more...

Last year the winner took home one of these sweet babies

This year he's throwing in a couple more goodies.

Operator of the year gets to bring this home

And 3 more lucky winners get one of these. Franchisee, the Highest Comp. Growth store, and out of the other winners they raffle to see who gets the third one.

Colby's hoping for the Jeep, and secretly so am I!! So who knows, maybe we'll (I'll) get a mini vacation out of this. I'll keep you posted!!

22 comments:

The Millers said...

Definately go for the Jeep! We're all crossing our fingers for you Colby. It's always nice to know someone thinks your doing a good job!

Jessica said...

Wow! Wouldn't that be awesome. Good luck!

Jenny said...

Way to go Colby! Good luck and let us know who the Award GM of the Year.

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

That would be S-W-E-E-T! We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya! And yes, definately keep us all posted!

Deirdra said...

That's awesome about Colby's nomination. He's talented at what he does! I sent you an invite, so we can keep in touch via the blog world, isn't it great.

ShEiLa said...

How awesome is this! I hope Colby wins...at least the Jeep if that's what you want. When hard working people get rewarded for their hard work... I love it! toodles, Sheila

Elisa said...

That is so cool! What an awesome guy! Good luck!

Kaymee said...

That is awesome!! what a cool thing to be considered for whether or not he wins!! fingers crossed

Anonymous said...

Those are my favorite subs, ever!!! I LOVE THE BREAD! You are so lucky, forget the jeep I would just want all the bread I could eat! Kellyn

the johansen's said...

Good luck! I hope he wins!

Sherie said...

Colby you ARE the MAN!...You deserve any of these perks....but mostly you deserve the recognition for all your hard work! You make a freakin,fantastic,fast sandwich!
love you
xoxo

The McGraths said...

Yeah! So when are you coming to Orlando? If you come you better call!!! We can at least do lunch or something right? Let me know!

Ashlee said...

Hey Thanks for inviting me. Your blog is cute. Your little family is so darling. That is so awesome for your husband and you!! Behind every good man is a good wife!!Anyway, Take Care!!!

.mel. said...

Look @ you fancy pants! You do make a fabulous Unwich.... yummy!

Clint Rogers said...

Nice Jeep! Good luck!

Wayne and LaRae John said...

WOW! Of course we all know that Colby is the all around winner! Good luck. The jeep is definitely a sweet prize. Hope you get it!

T.K. said...

That's freaking awesome!! Kayson always makes fun of me because I eat JJ at least 2x a week.

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

Good Luck, I think you should get the JEEP. That is really awesome that you are up for something like that. Congrates.

Jennifer L said...

Of course if I could vote for GM of the year it would be Colby! It's great working with such an awesome guy! Good luck.

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Hey Tiff- I hope you got my e-mail. Did any of that info help you out? I just went straight to Youtube.com and typed in "digital scrapbooking tutorials with photoshop elements" and it brought up a ton of stuff. Let me know!

Julie Kohler said...

Hi Tiff,

Thanks for the invite, and of course you can add me to your contact list! Your family is so darling, I bet the boys keep you on your toes!! Good luck to your hubby for the GM of the year, that is one huge accomplishment to just be up for it!! it will be fun to keep in contact through blogging.
:) Julie

stefanie said...

Okay, so I swear I left a comment on here, but apparently, I'm losing it. So congrats although it's like 2 weeks late or something now. You are quite the GM and you look oh, so profesh in your little JJ uniform. Now all you need is the jeep to top it off right?

So when did you guys say that you were coming out to visit me...we have a lot of JJ's...you could show em what's up Colb! Okay, really, I just want you all to come visit the good ol' "Ville". I'm going to stop now.