Monday, March 18, 2013

Another major owie for the Miss

Lexie smashed her finger in the front door. Like, literally smashed it. 
I was out front, heard her shut the door and then immediately start screaming. I could tell the door shut weird so I knew what she'd done. When she got over to me it was dripping blood. I picked her up and took her to the bathroom to run it under the water, hoping it would stop bleeding and relieve the pain a little. This happened right around 4:30 and at 9:30 it was still bleeding. I had given her some tylenol and wrapped it up. I was trying everything to help her out. She pretty much didn't leave my side the rest of the night. I wasn't sure if taking her in was the right thing to do. I don't think they could have really done anything for her, other than take her fingernail off, and maybe stitch it up. But I didn't want them to do that.
At about 8:45 I called my neighbor who is a nurse, and her husband an EMT. I thought they could at least tell me whether I should take her to the hospital or not. But they weren't much help.
I decided not to take her, and the next morning when it was still bleeding, kind of wished I would have.



You can tell it broke skin on the front, and bruised the back. 
Her finger literally doubled in size and stayed swollen for a few days.
It was the saddest day...again!

**update: her fingernail never fell off. The new one just grew out and pushed the old one up and off.
[2 days later pictures]


No comments: