Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Stitches for Cutler

Sunday evening we were at my parents' house just hanging out. I kept wanting to go home, but didn't really have anything to go home for. Colby was still gone, and there just wasn't any reason to leave. Cutler was watching a show with us and had pushed the coffee table over to the entertainment center, out of the middle of the floor so he could lay there. For some reason he got up and went over by my dad. When he either got down from his lap or turned to come lay back down, he tripped over my dad's feet and landed straight on the corner of the table he had moved! I immediately got up and ran out of the room. I knew it was going to be bleeding bad! And I don't deal with that very well. My dad was up so fast he almost caught Cutler. He knew as soon as he hit his foot where he was going.
Noah started freaking out, immediately! "He's bleeding! He's bleeding!" and crying. I had to pull him aside and tell him to settle down because he was making it worse for the rest of us. He was so worried about Cutler.
We got him into the kitchen on the counter and started cleaning up the blood. It took a few minutes before I was able to pull the towel away to see how bad it actually was. When I finally did, I knew he needed stitches. In fact, I wasn't sure what they would really do because it was a huge hole in his head!! Nothing like a Sunday night, needing to get stitches. I would much rather just go over to the Instacare, but they aren't open on Sunday. So we had to go into the ER.
Noah and Lexie stayed with my mom, and my dad came with me. Noah didn't want me to leave him, and honestly, I think he was so worried that Cutler wasn't going to come back. It scared Noah so bad! Lexie didn't want to stay either, but we just snuck out.

In the waiting room with his first bandage holding in the numbing cream.

We called him Rambo! Not quite sure why they had to wrap his whole head?!

Finally in the room waiting for the dr. He was totally happy now!

A look at the hole in his head! It was nasty! Basically, the corner of the table went all the way through his head and what we see in there is the fascia(?) which is the thin tissue right before his skull. NASTY!!

I asked the Dr. if he cared if I took pictures while he stitched. He told me I could if I didn't get his face, and if I promised to not post it to Facebook. HA! 
He said that there have been situations where kids are hurting themselves on purpose, just so they can go to the ER and video it to put on social media sites. 
Stupid kids!!


So, for the most part, I don't have a problem seeing blood. I have learned that my own children's blood makes me sick. I have a really hard time with that. And all the other times I've watched stitches go in and I was fine. This time, I had to sit down and have my dad hold the towel for a minute. Not sure if it was just because it was such a huge hole in his head, or what!

2 comments:

Kiesha said...

Oh my, yuck-sad! That is aweful! Darn boys and their luck!

Kiesha said...

Awful-ha. I knew that looked so wrong:)