Sunday, July 22, 2012

Girls week!!

July 15-20

Makayla's girls got to come stay for a week and we loved every minute of it!! They slept at grandma's, but since she works all day, they got to come play with us everyday!! My kids loved every minute of it, and to be honest, so did I!! Our kids play so good together, they get along good, they entertain each other good...oh I miss them just thinking about it!
I was horrible at taking pictures of just every day things they did, but we had fun.

And I for sure don't remember in what order we did what! I do know that Sunday morning they came with us to church. We figured they would like going to our primary with my kids, than grandma's. Although, they do know a lot of the kids in her ward. We forgot about that though, plus my kids were dying to just have them around. After church, we went to grandmas and ate, and just let them play. They were playing and we were just laying around when all of a sudden it started pouring! Lightning and thunder and rain...and hail! It was crazy!! We all just stood at the front door watching it fill the gutters, and the streets in minutes.




During the middle of the storm, Colby remembered the trailer vents were open! He hurried home to close them and do a quick clean up of whatever had already happened. Once it died down, we drove around our side of town just to see the flooding. WOW! I couldn't believe in that little bit of time how much water we really got! The little creek that runs by our house was a 6 foot river, bridges were washed out, roads were flooded over and closed, houses were flooded, and there was a car in the corner of the parking lot at our
stake center that had water up to the middle of the door! Unbelieveable!!

One of the days we went to see The Lorax with the summer movie program cards, but they ended up not showing that movie and we got to see Madagascar 3 instead.

Yes, 6 kids and me! But they were good, so I took them to lunch after!!
One day they did a lemonade stand by our house. And for the most part, they just played, rode bikes, wiggle cars, whatever. We went swimming a couple of times, but I didn't have to really entertain. They did it themselves! I love that!! I did take them to the city splash park one day. 








At the end of the week, these two had the hardest time saying goodbye to each other! They truly are best friends!! And every day, Lexie still asks when we get to see Addi again.

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Looks like you guys had a fun summer.