Thursday, July 26, 2012

24th of July

This year was different. We didn't camp, Shan's family had just moved and weren't here to go with us. Makayla's family didn't come, and it was on a Tuesday, which made it harder to camp anyway. So we went up and back in one day. It was a fast trip, but still such a fun day!!

First things, first...
The parade







After the parade, we walked down to the park for the foot races. It was super hot, which I'm sure contributed to the drama we dealt with there! Lexie wasn't about to run. Which, I didn't expect her to, or even think that she would. Cutler ran, but because he didn't get first place, he thought he didn't get a prize. And he's not a very good loser! After Noah ran, he came over with a shaved ice, and Cutler really lost it. So we had to go find where they were giving them out. By the time that was all over, we were done! It was hot and we were hungry. We went to Keisha & Brennan's for lunch and let the kids play for a few hours. We love hanging out with them!!
At about 4:00 we decided we better go up to the races to watch a couple of the horses run.Oh how I love the horse races!! Most of my very favorite memories of growing up were spent there, with family and friends.



I love these pictures of my kids on the rail. 
I can't even tell you how many hours I spent in that exact same spot. 
They loved it there! 

Cutler was so funny with his cotton candy. I didn't even know I took all these pictures, but I'm glad I did. Check out him just enjoying it!! Cutler wasn't even there most of the time. Him and Davin were running wild all over the place. I don't even know why he's the only one I have pictures of!

I did capture a pretty sweet moment with these two. Lexie absolutely loves Grandpa Carter. She hasn't always, and we've never been able to figure out why. EVERY kid loves grandpa Carter!! She has finally come around, but when he came over and sat by her, she got super shy. It was pretty cute!!
At first she didn't know Colby was down taking pictures. When grandpa told her to look, she got embarrassed.









Oh! I do have a couple of Noah!! 
He's either not around, or doesn't want his picture taken anymore.
He thinks he's getting too big to have his picture taken all the time :)
and dang it, they aren't even of just him!!




We had to leave the races as soon as we were done watching grandpa/lb's horses. Since it was Tuesday night, Colby had to get back to work. :(
We were sad that we didn't get to camp this year, but we still had a blast!
I absolutely love the 24th of July in Beaver, and I'm so happy that my kids and Colby share the same love for it as me!!

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Oh man! We missed the 24th so bad this year. One of my favorite days of the year. We will most likely always spend the month of July in Utah from here on out...we missed it way too much!! Love the pics of Lexie and Grandpa Carter...I need to get some of him and my kids too...good idea.