Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My new hobby!!

So...my whole life, well as far as I can remember, my mom has been a sewer. I swear, between her and my grandma, anything could be made, or fixed. It was nice. Quite honestly, I never had the desire to have that talent. At all. I distinctly remember my mom wanting to buy me a sewing machine and I told her not to. It would be a waste of money. And that was really how I felt. When I turned 30, I decided it wouldn't be such a bad idea to finally have a sewing machine. I told my mom that's what I wanted, and I'm sure she was more than thrilled!

Anyway...I have a friend who is an amazing sewer. She helps me alot. One night she showed me this table topper she was making, and I instantly fell in love with it. I had to have one. So she gave me all the dimensions, and I went to town.

Apparently my mom has been telling people I've made a bunch of things.
Really, I've only made a few. I'm sorta just starting out.
 But this one was my favorite!!
don't look too close...there's definately room to improve!

Christmas Table Topper

Which adorns my table beautifully!!

My next project includes these amazing fabrics. Colby informed me we need a new bed.
King size.
Since we still have a particular [almost] 3 year old who likes to visit us in the night.
Which means new bedding.
And I found these to make some pillows, and maybe a little throw blanket with.
Can't wait.

I have to admit...I love having a hobby.
It's an expensive one.
But so rewarding!!

3 comments:

Sherie said...

OH.MY. CUTE! Amazing talent to be able to do this Tiffany. You definitely are following in your Mom's and Grandma's footsteps! I'm SO lucky to be the recipient of one of your amazing quilts! ,,,and I LOVE the fabric for your new bedding ...SO sooo Cute!

Kiesha said...

Oh, I love it!! A few things: 1-I seriously think we should implement the plan we were texting the other night. 2-Unlike you, I've always had the desire. I really want to do it! With school, it's been finding the time to figure it out. 3-Maybe I can just place an order next year?? Haha. Super cute Tiff!

.mel. said...

Wow. I'm impressed! Feel free to make me something anytime. ;) ha.