Thursday, November 11, 2010

Choose The Right


 Baptism Invitation
front
back

You plan for this day for what feels like forever.
I remember when Noah was 4. I remember thinking, 'Only 4 more years and we'll baptizing him. He's half way there'.
And now the day has come and gone.
It was a crazy day. We squoze a lot of things into it. But the Baptism was the best part of all!
Earlier in the week Colby said to me 'What do you think about having Kent confirm Noah?' It had never crossed my mind, only because I think it's such a special thing, I just thought Colby would want to do it. But I got where he was coming from. We decided that it was ultimately Noah's decision.
When we asked him he wasn't quite sure what to say. He said he didn't know.
We gave it a couple days then asked him again.
He immediately said Papa.
Kent had been out of town for 2 weeks. He got back the same day as the baptism.
He had no idea this was coming. [I don't think]
Colby talked to him just a few hours before and asked if he would do it.
~~~
I was fine the whole day. Never got emotional. Surprise!
Until during the musical number.
She sang "No Ordinary Man"
I turned around just to look at everyone and saw Kent crying.
I lost it.
Noah was the only one from our ward, so we had the room all to ourselves. Our whole family was there.
Minus a few who had good reason.
All the kids rushed up to the plexi-glass to watch. I stayed in my seat watching through the mirror.
They walked down the steps and into the water.
Colby immediately got emotional.
So did I.
As soon as Noah was layed into the water I started crying.
And it was over
~~~
While we waited for Colby & Noah to change our sweet Bishop said a few things. Then he had all of us introduce ourselves to him. He talked about baptism being the gateway to Heaven. And behind the gate was a very long path. Full of all the things we have to do to return to our Heavenly Father. This is what he talked to Noah about during his interview. And Noah remembered. He answered him back when he would ask something.
And then Kent confirmed Noah. And he did such a great job.
I am so blessed to have so much family around. So many priesthood holders who are able to take part in these important things for my kids.  
~~~
After the baptism we had a dinner at the church. After thinking about all who would be there we decided our house isn't big enough for everyone.
Luckily there was a ton of food left over from the wedding.
We dined on homemade soups: butternut squash, and broccoli cheese [Sherie]; chicken noodle [my mom]
homemade breadsticks [Sherie's neighbor] bless her heart, Sherie asked her to make 40, she made 90
chicken salad sandwiches; chips; fruit; brownie bites; pumpkin bars [Jennifer]; cream puffs; cheese cubes; Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist


 Noah's grandma great made him this totally cool [he doesn't think it's cute] blanket. It has little scouts and flags all over it. He's sleeps with it every night.
I am so happy for Noah and the choice he made to become a member of
The Church of Jesus Christ
of
Latter-Day Saints
He has set a great example for his brother and sister and lots & lots of cousins.

8 comments:

Sherie said...

Amazing day. So proud of you Noah. Thank you for allowing all of us to feel the spirit on your special day. Thank you for asking Papa Kent to be such a special part of your baptism...this meant the world to him...because YOU mean the world to him..xo

Staci... said...

Congrats Noah! What a GREAT day!!

The Neilson Family said...

Congrats Noah! Love all the pics. so Tiff did you get the Table runner made??

tammylozano said...

Congrat Noah on your baptism your a handsome young man....

tammylozano said...

Luv the invitation that is the cutest thing ever!!!

Elisa said...

Wow! 8 is huge!! That's so awesome. I bet it was a great day!

.mel. said...

It was a special & awesome day! Glad we got to be a part of it! Love you.

stefanie said...

Love you buddy . . .
moments like these make me more homesick than I can even say!
wish we could have been there, but SO excited for him!
xo