Monday, March 29, 2010

They're gone

The past couple of days have been bitter-sweet for me. My parents left yesterday morning on a 6 month service mission to Florida. My dad will be doing mostly electrical repairs on approximately 80 homes that are on the church farm there. My mom, we think, will be doing tours of the farm, and humanitarian work.
My dad has been talking about going on a mission for a long time, and my mom just sits and listens, and smiles, not quite sure she's ready for that part of her life yet. But it's here, and they're gone. With work here being very slow, it's probably the best time for them to leave the business and let Shan completely run it. My mom on the other hand, isn't quite sure she's ready to be away from the family...grandkids' birthdays...our summer get togethers...her parents and sisters...but as she said in her talk last week, there's a time for everything, and I believe this is their time.
On Sunday before they spoke, we had a little family luncheon. Of course the food was yummy, simple, but yummy. Then we had a mini photo session.
My mom(in the middle) with her 2 sisters, and her parents


Late this afternoon (after meetings in SLC all day) they began their journey across the country. They have to drive so they can take all the stuff they'll need, and also they have to have a car out there.
We are hoping (and trust me, it's a big hoping) that we can go out and visit them during the summer. My dad thinks they're only 50 miles from Disney World, so that's a plus!!

I'm sad that they're gone, but it's only 6 months, and I know they're doing the right thing.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Your parents will be great! 6 months will fly by. I would try and visit them too! Fun!

Kiesha said...

I'm sure it's a bitter-sweet feeling! They will do great and I'm sure it will go by fast! You guys better still come up on the 24th of July!:)

tammylozano said...

O crap tiff you r tuff why im sitting here crying my eyes out!! I dont no if i could be that strong if my parents ever did that but yes they are doin the right thing!!

Sherie said...

6 months will be gone so fast..and Disney World is something so fun to look forward too. Can't wait to hear about all their adventures!

stefanie said...

It will seriously go by so, so fast! And what a great excuse to go to Disney World! They're doing such a great thing!

Lindsey R said...

That is so neat...I always loved your parents! 6 months will fly bye!