Friday, March 26, 2010

Cutler's latest

I just have to write this down. For the last little while, sometimes while riding in the car...sitting at the dinner table...outside playing...or just any random time, Cutler will say..."mom, I need tell you sumping..." (he still has a little speech problem)
I say "yes Cutler?"
"mom... I.. love.. you!"
He really can be such a sweet little boy.

Also, yesterday we were out running errands and I had gotten mad at him for something. I can't remember what. He was sad and was doing his little fake/sad/whine/cry. After a few minutes of driving in silence, except for the whiny cry, he said to me..."mom, can you be nice to me?"
Oh, it broke my heart. I felt bad for getting mad at him.

I've really been struggling with him lately. He has his own little mind and it's already made up. He wants to do what he wants to do and nobody is going to get in his way. Oh, he makes me so mad some days. He's the most stubborn person I've ever been around, next to my dad. (It's so true. Even he tells Cutler he reminds him of himself as a little boy.) Cutler wants to eat what he wants, and when he wants. Same story with going potty. He never had accidents until just lately. He holds it until the very last mili-second, like he's going to miss out on something if he goes in the other room for 5 seconds. And I swear the only reason he doesn't want to go, is because we tell him to. I have a feeling life with this little boy is going to be one huge roller coaster.

1 comment:

Sherie said...

OH that Cutler, he's quite the ride!..and wouldn't have him any other way!