Thursday, March 11, 2010

[project] get your sock on!

I'm pretty sure most of you who read my blog know our story. 
Natalie, Colby's first wife, died from a blood clot that went to her lungs. March is National DVT Awareness month, and so Sherie, Natalie's mom, has asked us all to embellish a sock. It's funny how everyone's sock really does show their personality.
I used to think I was a creative person, not so much anymore. Because of that I relied a lot on Sherie to help me with mine. She also went ahead and had ideas for the boys' too.
Last night we finally made it over to her house to [project].

Here's what we came up with!!


Noah loves the outdoors.


                                           Cutler makes sure to leave his handprint EVERYWHERE he has been.


We have a rainbow story. (Colby, Natalie, and I) I've never shared it on here. Maybe one day. Sherie drew the stick figures. Me and Natalie, an angel, holding hands. You can't see it very well in the picture. For me, it says "we're in this together." 
And we are! 
                             

If you want to learn more, or even do a [project] click the link on my sidebar.

7 comments:

.mel. said...

LOVE them!!! The cutest. Seriously.

Sherie said...

Tiff...you said it better!"we're in this together"...we should have put that on your sock! It turned out darling...and the boy's socks turned out so THEM! love them...cherish them. xo

Kiesha said...

Tiff, the socks turned out darling. I'm pretty sure I've said this before but...YOU'RE AWESOME!

susiefarns said...

I'm lucky enough to know the story about rainbows and I think of you everytime I see one.

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Those are so cute! I love the idea of the rainbow. That is really sweet. I haven't been reading blogs in a while and its great to see your cute family. I miss living in St. George and seeing all these cute kids.

The McGraths said...

You are so awesome to see the bigger picture! Big Hugs!

Lindsey R said...

How neat!!