Thursday, February 19, 2009

"This is 911 dispatch...

We just received a hang-up phone call from your number. Is everything o.k.?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. I was in the other room and my little boy climbed up on the counter. He must have been playing with the phone."

"Are you sure everything's ok? Can you speak for yourself?"

"Yes. I was just feeding my baby and didn't know he had the phone."

"O.k. Just try not to let your child call 911."

about 10 minutes later...

doorbell rings. I had just got out of the shower. Dressed in shorts - no shirt! Just got done feeding the baby. Maybe I can answer the door. After all I am holding her, with a blanket. No, I should be covered. I need to get a shirt on.

about a minute later I hear pounding. Which I really thought was my washer on the spin cycle. Seriously. Maybe it's the cops coming to check on us. I rush to the door in case they try to break it down. Towel still on my head, I answer the door...

"Is everything ok? Are you Tiffany?"

"Yes, everything's fine. I really was just in the other room feeding my baby and my little boy must have been playing with the phone."

"Are you sure you're fine?"

"Yes. I'm sorry about this."

I seriously can not believe this happened to me, today. I was completely embarrassed because my son called 911, the cops came, I was barely dressed, hair in towel, no make up. I know that when they saw me they knew we were ok. They were smiling so much, almost laughing, but keeping it in. You know?

Today I realized that we have to make sure Sarge doesn't play with the phone anymore. And we must teach our kids when and why we call 911.

16 comments:

tammylozano said...

TIFF I THINK WE ALL HAVE TO GO THREW THAT A TIME OR TWO AS PARENTS!!!!

Jenny said...

Glad you are all okay!

So far the only 911 calls made by this house was made by me. Sad, but stuff like that happens. Some domestic dispute right outside our house at 3 am on night.

stefanie said...

Oh Sarge...

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

I am laughing so hard. That is great. We love Cutler.

susiefarns said...

Too funny, but I hope it never happens to me.

susiefarns said...

Too funny, but I hope it never happens to me.

The Millers said...

Very funny! Cutler sure knows how to keep you hopping!

Deirdra said...

I have had that exact same experience. It was around 7 in the morning when the cops showed up on my door step. Children!

Sherie said...

Oh Cutler...your parents could write a book...and your only 2!!
love you...:)

Jessica said...

Are you serious?!?? I would have died!

Lindsey R said...

That is so funny! That little Cutler is so mischievious....he is all BOY...not afraid to do or get into anything!

Kiesha said...

That is hilarious!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Oh Cutler . . . thanks for the laugh!! :)

Morgan said...

That is way too funny!

Kristen said...

So funny. That boy is one crazy kid.

The McGraths said...

It's nice to hear that crap hapends to other people than just me! I got pulled over yesterday cause my registration was funky on my car. I had all 4 kids with me and the cop SERIOUSLY called for backup cause he thought I was driving a stolen vehicle. Was he serious? You want me to take all 4 kids and all 4 carseats out of my car along with my gigantic stroller? Excuse me officer but your on crack! Luckily we got things figured out and no harm was done.

Glad to hear your son even knows the number. I smell a family night discussion coming on for both of us!

PS What is up with the creepy song? Temptation by Cradle of filth? When your blog popped up my kids jumped in horror! It didn't help that my volume was cranked way up!