Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Halloween's past

*I totally stole this post idea from Stef (thank you!).

It's always fun looking back at the costumes and how cute the kids were in them. And then it's sad to think how cute the costume is, how much money it cost, and how it will probably only be worn once. As you will see, I have definitely re-used some, and I'm sure I will again. As the boys get older it gets harder and harder to try and coordinate their costume. Noah is getting to the age where he wants to choose what he is, but Cutler is still little enough that I want him to wear the 'cute' costumes. I almost gave up this year, but I have figured out how to make them coordinate so that one is still cute, while the other is a little more 'not so baby-ish'.

Noah 2003 - 1yr.

Noah 2004

Noah 2005

Noah & Cutler 2006

Cutler 2007 - 1 yr. Hand-me-down costume. And still 'Oh so cute'.

Noah wanted to be Batman and I was so not in the mood to worry about trying to have matching costumes. I have to say, he did make a very handsome Batman.
As I go back through this post I realize that Noah & Cutler have never had matching costumes. I guess in my head it's something that should be done, but I never really made a valiant effort to achieve. Well, I don't have Noah's costume yet. It's ordered, but this year I will accomplish my goal. I'm crossing my fingers that everything turns out the way it's suppose to but we are planning on Frankenstein & the Mad Scientist. We'll see what happens.
What are your kids dressing up as?

8 comments:

The Millers said...

Cute post! I might steal it too! Hope you(and Stephanie) don't mind too much. We are finally going to coordinate this year too! And I love reusing costumes. I agree they are way too expensive to only use once.(I feel a little better about it now that my boys are a little older and want to use them to play in. I feel like I get more use for my money!)

Lindsey R said...

Cute idea! All those costumes are darling on your cute boys! I still have no idea what my little Colby is going to be...so hard to choose! We have 2 parties to go to this year so I better get deciding for me and michael too!

Tiffany said...

Your boys are too cute! Their costumes are adorable! You do a great with them!

Sherie said...

LOVE, love...love them! Adorable!!matching or not..can't wait to see them this year! I just love Halloween! :)

Hillary said...

They are so cute! Taylor is going to be a fairy, I made her costume. She thinks she is Tinkerbelle, so whatever works!

Kaymee said...

Jenna wants to be Dorothy, I think only because of the red sparkly shoes and the TOTO in the basket. Cody is going to be a pirate and goes around sining "yo ho a pirates life for me!" too cute!

Tiffany said...

OMG!!! So cute!
Paige- Cinderella
Ty- football player

Tiff and Ryan said...

Tiff....you're the very best. I miss ya....your kids are getting Ginormous!! We gotta go to lunch....