Sunday, October 26, 2008

Noah's 'friend only' party

Every year I ask Noah what kind of party he wants to have. And every year he tells me and airplane party. Well, the past 4 years I haven't really known how to do an airplane party so I've taken it upon myself to figure something else out. I will stand on my soap box right about now and say that 3 of the 4 years have been quite a party (I do like to make a big deal of it)! They are a lot of work, but so much fun, and even more rewarding when everyone has left, it's all cleaned up, I can sit down and reflect on the things that happened and how it all went. I can say I have been pretty proud of myself and the parties that we've had for Noah.

Well, this year since he is in Kindergarten we decided it's time for 'friend' parties. Noah made sure he let all of the grandma's know that they weren't invited, and not to come. (grandma sherie was my photographer so she had to come. but she promised she would only take pictures and not get in the way.) And also, since this was his first friend party I thought it would be a good idea to do the kind of party he wanted. First it was a pirate party...check, then it was a halloween party...check, then a dinosaur party...check. So I got busy and found a way to do THE Airplane Party.

As the kids arrived I had these 'briefcases' filled with goodies, and a luggage tag for them to decorate.
Here are most of them concentrating on how to write their name and which stickers they were going to use.

Once they all got there, and the tags were ready we got started. First we did paper airplanes. Colby is the ultimate paper airplane builder, so he taught them how to fold them. Most of them just watched and then said they couldn't do it, so we had to make them.

Then, Colby had built a runway for them to throw the planes onto. Whoever's plane landed on the runway, and went the farthest won.

Next we had them build little wooden gliders to throw. They were super cheap and not so durable, therefore most were broken before they were even built. But we managed and did the same thing, had them throw theirs onto the runway.


Here's Noah blowing out his #6 candle!


Overall, the party turned out pretty good. It was definitely less work than his others, all of his friends came, and he got a ton of great presents.
So one last Happy Birthday to Noah...until next year.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

OMG!!! What a fun party! Happy Birthday! Tiff, it sounds like you did an awesome job!

Kiesha said...

It looks like this one turned out a pretty big hit too! It looks way fun...Your such a creative and fun mom! P.S. Tell Noah Happy Belated Birthday!

Lindsey R said...

What a cute idea! I love the briefcase's, darling! He is so dang cute and I love that he only wanted "friends" there...too cute!

Staci... said...

Love it! What a fun party idea!

Sherie said...

The airplane party was fabulous, and I feel honored to have been the "photographer"...Thank You Noah!..he only had to remind me once to "stay over there gramma"...I promptly abliged! Did I take enough pictures? I think it was about...oh..167? Seriously it was so fun, and I could tell he was having so much fun with all his darling friends. Tiffany, you and Colby throw a great party! I wonder when he's 16 if I can still be the "photographer?"...I can only hope :)

Tiff and Ryan said...

Tiff...you're the best....I wish I could have gone!!! I want a little briefcase!! How much fun!

The Millers said...

You do throw great parties for Noah! And Carson had so much fun, he's been playing with his new airplanes all week! Thanks for inviting him.

stefanie said...

SO cute Tiff! He's so grown up...I love it! Way to go Martha!! We really wish we could have been there...