Friday, June 13, 2008

How does your garden grow?

This post is actually a little brag session about my wonderful husband! (no, it's not gushy) He loves to garden. Whether it's an actual garden, or just growing plants and a nice lawn. I think he's secretly in competition with all the neighbors.

Today Kent came by and was asking about our peach tree, so we picked some and oh, they were yummy! Colb just planted it this year, and it has done so well. Here are a few pictures of some of the yummy, and beautiful things we have growing in our yard!

Our little peach tree
The flower hill in the front yard
Super yummy tomatoes!! (my favorite)
He decided to try potatoes this year and they're doing great!
And our zucchini. If you look close you can see a little one starting.
We also have some cucumbers, peppers, onions, and pumpkins in the works. I'm especially excited to see if the pumpkins really grow. So far they look like they'll do great, just like everything else!

11 comments:

Brad and Kaci said...

I am jealous! Your garden looks great. I think it is so fun to watch them grow. Great job, it all looks delicious!

The Millers said...

Looks like Colbys garden is doing awesome! We think gardening is so fun - and I'm really jealous of your peach tree. Our two little fruit trees didn't give us any fruit :(

Morgan said...

That looks REALLY great! Not just pretty, but tasty. I am definitely jealous...but I am such a beginner that I am trying to be patient. My zucchini and cucumbers are doing really great but my tomatoes are hurting. They need some major help because they are my favorite also.

The Neilson Family said...

Wow! They look great. I can't wait until I have a yard someday. That will be great about the tomatoes since the scare. You should start selling them they would be a hit!

T.K. said...

Good job Colby!! I try to buy plants and I just kill them, Kayson can take better care of them than I can. And I love my dog to death but I rarely feed her uh oh what will I do when I have kids?? Thank goodness for Kayson.

the johansen's said...

I can't wait to have a garden one day! I want to plant lots of flowers.

Maren & Danny said...

Awesome! Everything looks great! Your tomatoes look alot farther along than ours-I hope we didn't plant too late! I am super jealous of the peach tree! Delicious! We might have to give potatoes a try next year-I hadn't thought of those...

Deirdra said...

YUMMY! Nothing tastes as good as home grown veggies. It all looks like it is thriving. And it must be the age with the sprinkler. Izzy doesn't like our sprinkler either. Oh well.

Christan said...

Wow! I'm very impressed! I can't wait to do a garden in Virginia- we might be able to grow a few more things there than we can here. It is so interesting to watch it all grow and then be able to eat it!! :)

Sherie said...

Colby you do have a green thumb! And I LOVE being the recipient of the yummy tomatoes! SWEET!...
Little side note for anyone...Tiffany had appendisidis (sorry for the horrid spelling) attack yesterday, and they took her appendix out this morning at 6:45 a.m. They may keep her over night depending how she does today. Keep her in your prayers..

Kaymee said...

That garden is awesome!!!