Friday, July 26, 2013

Pioneer Day in Beaver

The 24th of July just wouldn't be the same if we didn't travel up to Beaver to celebrate. This year was a little different because we didn't camp until after the 24th, so we drove home that night, and then back up a couple days later to camp. But, we still celebrated the Beaver way!











Lexie was smart taking cover wherever she could find shade.
It was SO blasted hot!!



After the parade we headed to the park for the foot races. Then up to aunt Linda's house for lunch. Once it was time for the races to start we headed up there in time to watch a few important races.
One of the horses won! Sad I don't know which one, or who even owned it. Oops!
Honestly, the older I get the more I understand the importance of these races. It isn't the money won, or the bragging rights or anything like that. It's the family time. We get almost our whole family out to these races. We all sit together and cheer together, and sometimes even cry together. 
Most of my favorite summer memories from my childhood are at these horse races.
I'm so glad I have those memories, and I'm SO glad my kids love going and watching too.


On another note, these cute girls ended up being twinners!!
I guess great minds think alike! ;)


After the races we went back to Linda's and hung out for a while. But we had to get home because Colby had to work the next day, and I had to get us ready to come back up to the mountain for our 24th camping trip!

No comments: