Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Leixe's HALF birthday party

With Lexie's birthday being 2 days after Christmas, I've decided to start doing a half birthday party. It's just too hard to even think about doing a birthday party that close to Christmas. This way, I have more time to plan a party + she doesn't get so many presents all at once! That's the plan anyway ;)

This year we decided to do a Luau party. Since we live at grandma's, and it was scorching hot, I decided to do a swim party. I originally was against that, just because I wasn't sure I wanted to be in charge of 12 little kids swimming. Until I came across swim rings for $1! Besides, there were too many kids to try and entertain inside.

When it comes to the party, I had much better intentions. I thought for sure by having her party during the summer I would have more time to do something cute and fun. I didn't really take into consideration the fact that this year I was 7 months pregnant, and living at my parents house. She still had fun and honestly, that's all that matters.

Top L-R: Sydnee Foggin, Lexie, Maya Croissant, Ava Gubler, Callie Richey
Bottom L-R: Reese, Jonah Croissant, Hallie, Breckyn Vandenberghe, Addi

Some of the girls showed us their mad hula skills ;)




And then it was so blasted hot they had to get in the water.




And honestly, that didn't last very long either. It was so hot, the water was warm and not very refreshing. They swam for about 45 minutes and they were done. 
As they got out, we got them some water to drink. Once again, it was so hot!
Then we pulled out the fruit and the pineapple slush.
We couldn't dish it out fast enough!





And since we don't really love cake in our family, and it was SO hot, Lexie chose these cute, yummy sorbet in sliced fruit. They are SO good!! And the kids loved them!
But we had to eat these inside so they didn't melt all over before we could eat them.


After sorbet, she opened her presents. 
She got some super cute and fun presents!!
The cute bags behind her are the goody bags for all her friends.









Makayla brought her girls down over the weekend and stayed until after the party. Lexie was SO happy to have them here. 
Even though I didn't do as good of a party as I wanted to, I think we'll keep up the 'half birthday' parties. It was so much fun for her to get presents for her birthday, and to not have already opened a ton two days before.
Happy 4 1/2 Birthday sweet girl!!

No comments: