Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dress rehearsal

May 3
After our previous experiences with 'Parents Day' at dance, I was pretty nervous for the big dance review. No more little girl class, parents sit and watch in the classroom. Now, it's on the big stage, at the high school, LOTS of parents watch...everyone!
She was so excited to get to wear makeup, 
and surprisingly enough to get her hair all done up the right way.
(getting her hair done these days is a huge fight...daily. I usually win, but it's not pretty)









These are just at the rehearsal. While I was watching her, I have to admit, I got a little teary. I couldn't believe she just got up there on that stage and did her dance. She didn't stand there, she actually did the dance. I thought for sure she would get nervous and freeze. A couple of times I would find her in the back, like she wasn't quite sure where to go maybe, but she would find her little friend Reese, and they would make their way up front. And when it was all over, there was a little girl that didn't make it out to practice, so they wanted to do it again. She ran back up on the stage and did it all over!
Oh how I loved watching her. And watching her rehearse got me so excited for the next night's performance!!

No comments: