Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sledding

The kids have been begging to go sledding. We knew Pine Valley had some good snow, and there are some great hills up there to go on. So yesterday we decided to drive up to and try it out. The main hill was packed! We couldn't even find a spot to park. So we drove over to another hill, and still had to park clear at the bottom of the street, but it worked out. 
I'm kind of a bum sledder. I hate being cold, and honestly, I would rather stay warm and dry and get a hundred pictures of my kids having a blast :) So that's what I did...at first.
I forgot my other lens, so I couldn't even see them to get a picture. Once I got up there, I kinda really wanted a try :)
We only had one sled, and there was another family there that had a couple of extra and shared. Their kids only wanted a certain one that they had. And we weren't going to be picky ;)

I got a couple of the boys going down, and catching some air. Poor Cutler kept going off the road into the pile of snow, and for whatever reason neither of the boys wore their waterproof boots, and Noah has grown so much, his snow bibs wouldn't even zip up. oops!
They didn't care AT ALL! They were having a blast!








Colby went down first with Colby, and slid off at the end. Which obviously scared her, and she didn't want to go again, unless it was with me.
I was ok with it :)
But every time we went down, we spun around. It was fun, but kinda scary.
You can see she's holding on for dear life!
And then she was done.





Colby found these gigantic icicles hanging from a house and got one for Lexie.
She enjoyed it!
As a kid, I loved those things.
As an adult...they're disgusting!!





She dropped it a couple of times, but wanted it back.
Once it broke, I made her leave it.
Mean, I know :)

After a bit, Colby and I were done.
We took them down the street and pulled them behind the truck.
I'm sure that's totally illegal, but they loved it!!

At first Colby was driving and I was trying to take pictures through the mirror so I didn't have to go outside. It really was a nice day, but outside driving around was cold.




Cutler was having a hard time figuring out how to steer, 
we were stopping every 15 seconds because he would wreck.
So Colby got out there with him, and I got to drive.



Since I was driving for Noah's turn, I didn't get any good pictures.


Finally I got smart and handed the camera over to Colby.





Once again, Cutler kept wrecking, so we put both boys on together.
Noah likes being in charge, so he liked it :)





You can't see them very good, but I did manage to get one with all of them together ;)
They tried this for a minute...it was a little hard for all three of them to stay on.


I love family moments like this! Even in the cold!!

No comments: