Saturday, June 16, 2012

Swim Lessons

June 4-14


This year I had all three kids in swim lessons at the same time. I have to admit, it was pretty nice. I searched and searched the schedule for the pool to make sure they had a time where all 3 levels were at the same time. We did them at SHAC. I love that it's so close, it just seems colder because it's indoors. 

I was worried about Lexie. She loved the pool until she fell in last year. I didn't know if she would even get in, but she did! And she loved her teacher Brooke. Every day she would tell me what she did and that she went under water! Even though I watched her every move from the window, and she only really went under the water about 2 times :) It doesn't matter...I'm so proud of her for just doing it!

Cutler should have been born with gills. He is by far my biggest fish! He's not scared of anything, and he picks up on everything so quickly. Last year he only did the Level 2 beginner class, and all the parents kept saying, That boy needs to be in a bigger class! We obviously did the advanced class this year, and it was great, maybe a little too easy though. I was so impressed with how well he could actually do all the things the teacher was teaching them. I watched the other kids too, because everything in this class seemed so easy for him. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just an easy going teacher. But all the other kids seemed to have to be taught exactly what to be doing. Cutler would just jump in, do what she said, then have to sit while she spent more time with the other kids. Then of course he would get in trouble, because we all know he isn't just going to sit there patiently doing nothing!! But he's a pro, and if he needs help he'll let you know :)

Noah hasn't had swim lessons for a couple of years now. I felt like he did really well and just didn't need them. This year, I knew he could swim, but mostly wanted something for him to do while the other two had their lessons. But I also thought it wouldn't hurt him to have a refresher course. He actually learned a lot. He had a great teacher who took the time to really teach them. Their class was over in the lap pool, so I couldn't see him and watch what he was doing very much. Every day he would get excited telling me the things they learned that day. And when we go swimming at my parents, he's always doing the strokes he learned. 

Whoa...that was a lot longer than I had planned on. Sorry : )
On the last day you get to go into the pool area and take pictures. I wanted to get some of each of them during their last lesson, but by the time I got done with Noah's class, they were all done :(
But I did get some of them all playing around.




Lexie wanted to go down the big blue slide so bad! But she had to go down with someone, or let her teacher catch her at the bottom. She wasn't brave enough to go all by herself, but she also wasn't about to go with her teacher. Finally, Noah came to the rescue and offered to take her. 
He made her day!! 
She wouldn't go down with anyone else the entire time. 


1 comment:

The Millers said...

Way to go Labrums! Both of your boys are great swimmers.