Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Whiptails Baseball - #9

Day 1 - April 5

Noah is playing on a club team this year. They have been practicing since the first of Feb. and still have quite a bit of work to do to catch up to the other teams' abilities. But...their coach has put in a lot of time and effort to help them, and they have come a long way since last year.

He plays every weekend, pretty much, from now until June or July. And pretty much just tournaments.

We love their uniforms this year. Pin striped pants. Gray, not white!  - Much better than last years tshirts with iron on numbers.

Their first tournament of the year was Easter weekend. Here, thankfully.
Each tourney we're guaranteed 4 games. I guess if we win we play more?
We'll probably never find out! :)
We have a young team. Only 4 kids that are 9, the rest are 7 & 8.
The teams we play are mostly 8 - 10 year olds, who have played together for a few years.
We're at a huge disadvantage, but the boys have fun, and they like it.
They do get a little down when they lose, and they know the other teams are really good.

The first game Noah was the first batter. He struck out.

At the end of the game, coach put him in as pitcher.
I was so nervous for him.
I don't know why, he did awesome!!

Look at the intensity on his face!!
After the game I asked him if he was nervous pitching.
He said no, and acted like I was crazy for even asking him.

Plus, he had the cutest cheerleader there!!
Cheering him on.




3 comments:

Kiesha said...

How fun! Oh how I love baseball! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a nevous wreck kind of parent!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

As a little girl I pretty much LIVED at those baseball fields watching my brothers play ball! Looking at those pics brought back SO many memories! I could use a little treat from the concession stand right now ;)!!!

Sherie said...

You look PROFESH out there Noah...you have a great arm! You're pretty great at the sunflower seeds too! This summer is going to be a great one...excited to watch you play! xo