Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's day

The actual day was pretty crazy-hectic at our house. Most of our preparations for the day started a couple of days early.

First off...
We had to convince Noah to do something easy for his box. Sadly, I'm not very creative, and we didn't have a lot of time. So we made a football field. I thought it turned out pretty cool. [not cute!] And I think he kinda liked it :)

Before I knew it, it was time to take Lexie to dance. I was super worried that she would notice the boys taking Valentine's to school and their teachers, and she would want to, too. But luckily she didn't say a word about it.
After dance, she wanted to play with her little bestie, Sydnee. So I dropped her off and Cutler & I headed home to make sugar cookies. Every year this is what we give all the neighbor kids. And the Cahoons.
Mr. Cahoon's favorite cookie, is a sugar cookie!

Doesn't he look like a good little helper?!

The cookies pretty much took up my whole afternoon.
While Noah was at baseball practice, and Cutler had wandered off to who knows where, Lexie delivered the neighbor's Valentines.
As soon as we were done, we all jumped in the car, picked Noah up from practice and headed to pack meeting. It was the Blue & Gold banquet. Where the scout and their dad make a cake!
From there, we ran back home, and while I got the grandma's and grandpa's valentines ready, the kids opened theirs from us!

[just remember...it's late in the day. which is why my kids do NOT look picture ready! and the pictures are from my phone]

 Once they had opened their gifts, we drove around to the grandparent's and dropped their Valentine's off.
It was quick.
But it was late.
And it was a crazy-busy day.

2 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

sounds like a fun filled day

Sherie said...

Sounds like the perfect Valentines day.. I LOVED Valentines day at school and decorating the boxes! Noah..your valentines box is COOL! {not cute;)} LOVE it! ..and Papa saved a couple of the cookies for me, Cutler you make a great Valentine heart cookie!..I'm sure the heart apron helped!...and Lexie you looked darling in your Valentine dress! xoxoxo